Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • The Island of Japan as moved!!
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Whatever the cause the effects are plainly scary.

Duke
    Free Member

Lets expand the deep and meaningful point.

The earth will be spinning long after the human race is dead and buried taking everything slowly back down into the mantle, breaking it down to it’s constitute parts and spewing it back out as lava… so does anything actually matter?

*hands cougar a fresh batch of sweet popcorn from the kitchen and joins him on the couch*

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Strangely enough, I haven’t read about any religious pundit claiming it was god’s judgement because the Japanese don’t worship the correct deity, or somesuch. What CAN be keeping them quiet?

The thought of you wibbling on in your usual evangelical manner about atheism and Richard Dawkins and blah blah blah blah blah…

🙄

scaredypants

My guess is we are about to see a super volcano

Better not bugger up my flights like the last one ! 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yosemite?

emsz
    Free Member

I wake up, switch on PC scan singletrack…Arguements, all seems fine. Hang on though, shouldn’t you lot be riding?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Raining. And I’ve got some painting to do.

Yes, reading STW does count as ‘preparation’, ok??

scaredypants

Yosemite?

Nah, went of my own accord

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

emsz
    Free Member

Raining? Elfin.

I though you boys went out in any weather?

I let you off if you’re painting though. I’m going to be good for precisely nothing today.

Klunk
    Free Member

to say global warming has had no effect on the tectonic plates is simply not true. Parts of Scandinavia have be rising at a rate of 1 metre every 100 years since the Last glacial period. Whether this has an effect on the rest of the planet, another issue altogether.

stevomcd
    Free Member

It is interesting though, 3 big seismic events in the pacific within a very short period (NZ & Japan earthquakes plus a major volcanic eruption in Hawai).

Any experts know if this is just normal and we’re only noticing because they’ve all been near population centres?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Global warming is happening as will global cooling, man’s effect on it is nothing compared with the Earth’s ability to act in this way – what I am saying is we may have more to worry about than a bit of carbon dioxide!

(there’ll be a lot of methane too…..)

konabunny
    Free Member

Yosemite?

Love it on toast.

There was me thinking that it was the plate techtonics that was causing the eathquakes.

An incorrect spelling in a pedantic post? Poor show.

parkesie
    Free Member

before after pictures. Just frightening.

GrahamS

My guess is we are about to see a super volcano – so the global warming debate will be ever so slightly null and void…. Global warming is happening as will global cooling, man’s effect on it is nothing compared with the Earth’s ability to act in this way

Actually man-made CO2 emissions are something like 100 to 300 times larger than those of all the world’s volcanoes combined.

noteeth
    Free Member

Very sobering images.

yunki
    Free Member

you think that.. but those lucky buggers in Ishinomaki got their nice blue roof cleaned free of charge.. every cloud has a silver lining and all that..

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘The Island of Japan as moved!!’ is closed to new replies.