Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • the infamous marzocchi 55 issue
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

has anyone had a set of ’08 marz 55 ATAs that (seemingly inevitably) you knew would eventually break due to the flaw/design fault/whatever and just pre-empted it by sending them back to windwave to get the internals replaced with the (allegedly fixed) ’09 versions?
    or would windwave just simply refuse and tell you (me!) to wait to see if (ha! when) they break before having a warranty repair done?
    i mean, i’ve not really used mine much yet (only got the bike at the end of last year and not had much cause to ride this one yet) and i know they have a nice long warranty etc, but surely since i’ve not heard of a set that didn’t break then a product recall should possibly have been done?

or do i just wait until i lose my front suspension midway down snowdon or something?

chakaping
    Free Member

If you feel like that about them already, shouldn’t you get rid and buy something you have more trust in?

rs
    Free Member

jump up and down on the bars and trying and break it that way!

MrNutt
    Free Member

if it ain’t broke?

rs
    Free Member

break it! 😆

fu_manchu
    Free Member

not sure they would like that idea, but based on experience only about 10 hours should be enough….

rockitman

Simple solution: Take them out round the peaks this weekend. Include a descent like Jacobs Ladder or the Beast. Possibly both. They’ll be on their way back to Windwave come Monday morning.

In all honesty, no I don’t think they’ll change them. Mine have just come back (2nd time) and I’ve had to wait for parts as they can’t get enough to fix them all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘the infamous marzocchi 55 issue’ is closed to new replies.