Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • The Indians don't like Clarkson! (Daily Wail and Top Gear content)
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So you do want censorship then?

So, who decides what’s acceptable or not?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

So you do want censorship then?

Me? Yes, but that said I’m in the camp who thinks TG is usually quite good but that the recent special was rubbish. NOthing to do with censorship, just quality control.

So, who decides what’s acceptable or not?

The Board of Censors or whatever they’re called. It’s worked in the film and gaming industry for quite some time now (although that could start a whole new debate).

Milkie
    Free Member

I had to laugh at the title “The Indians don’t like Clarkson!”.. Wow they feel the same way as about 90% of the UK population!

jools182
    Free Member

I don’t have a problem with people saying it was a poor episode

However there are people who consistently say Top Gear is shite, yet still seem to watch it just to have a moan

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The Board of Censors or whatever they’re called. It’s worked in the film and gaming industry for quite some time now (although that could start a whole new debate).

And what criteria do they use to decide what is, or isn’t, acceptable?

My point is, it doesn’t mean that just because one person doesn’t find something objectionable, that it isn’t. And vice versa.

joao3v16
    Free Member

The Indians don’t like Clarkson!

Weren’t a load of people claiming ‘racism’ the other week when that female mp lady woman said “whites always do something or other”*

(*can’t be bothered looking the detail of that up either)

aracer
    Free Member

However there are people who consistently say Top Gear is shite, yet still seem to watch it just to have a moan

That would be a fact like Tesco not selling religious Christmas cards?

16stonepig
    Free Member

That would be a fact like Tesco not selling religious Christmas cards?

Just because it’s not true doesn’t mean it’s not a fact! There are far too many people worrying these days about things like “truth” and “evidence”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Most on here seem to watch it and say it has gone downhill and that this was a poor episode

stilltortoise
    Free Member

My point is, it doesn’t mean that just because one person doesn’t find something objectionable, that it isn’t. And vice versa.

Well, d’uh, as the youngsters are prone to say. Stating the bleedin’ obvious aren’t we? We can’t expect any censorship body to coincide with everyone’s views on what is and isn’t objectionable, but we do at least have a good balance…most of the time.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘The Indians don't like Clarkson! (Daily Wail and Top Gear content)’ is closed to new replies.