Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The In-Laws are staying……
  • MoreCashThanDash

It’s Day 2.

No one has been killed yet.

Some people don’t realise how close they’ve come…. 👿

globalti
    Free Member

Oh gawd…. we’ve got my Mum aged 86 coming in a month; mad as a box of frogs and as fit as a butcher’s dog. She will be wanting long walks in the hills, a classical concert, some good food and wine and to tell us lots of stories we’ve already heard a hundred times…..

lunge

Sounds like you need some of Alpin’s stash to get through it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

My father in law is staying. He’s in his 80’s. We’ve been digging out and knocking up a concrete shed base. I’m a wreck, he’s still going. He’s bloody amazing 🙂

GrahamS

Mine have been here for past two weeks.

They are looking after our kids during the last of the summer holidays.

matt_outandabout

My in-laws are ace.
    I’m thinking of adopting them formally. 😉

MoreCashThanDash

I was being a bit hard on them to be fair in the OP. Both 80, had various health scares this year, but still pretty active and with it.

But if I’m cooking tea, then I’m cooking tea!

shermer75
    Free Member

There’s nothing worse than a back seat chef!!

bruneep

There’s nothing worse than a back seat chef!!

Yes there is a Helicopter chef! And I am that person when my wife is cooking 😀

Proper pain in the arse me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Strong Gin and tonics

Smile, agree, ignore

Err, that’s it

orangeboy
    Free Member

After a recent house move my in laws are due next month for the first time , how busy at work do I need to become ?

spacemonkey

I have 4 inlaws (sadly not because I have 2 wives, but because the current ones both remarried). All are awesome most of the time, but also very individual. One is currently in the middle of a week long stay. Having a good laugh.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Got a trip away with all the family soon. I’m the only one not looking forward to it.

ourmaninthenorth

My inlaws live 10 minutes away. When I’m at home I see one or both nearly every day.

I’ve managed to fall out with them tonight over a simple legal document. They trust me but, because I’m a lawyer, also don’t trust me. I love them dearly but something so simple has become hugely (12+ months) drawn out. And the person who is advising them is a know-nothing-nincompoop (I have avoided saying that out loud).

craigxxl
    Free Member

4 days at Centre Parks in the same villa. Never has my patience been pushed so far.

gobuchul
    Free Member

4 days at Centre Parks in the same villa.

What did you to deserve that? Were you some kind of evil psychopath in a past life?

MoreCashThanDash

Just got back from a night ride and cracked open a Merlot brought by my father in law. He’s being forgiven a lot. It’s rather good.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Has anyone got any tips on surviving a weekend with all her family? If it wasn’t for the fact they’re related to my OH they’re not the kind of people I would spend time with and the kids are all boring. I’m fairly sure they feel the same way about me.

senorj

Mine come for the weekend ,but never,ever leave without the M in law washing and ironing every item they have worn during their stay. Does my head in.
    I’m thinking of charging them for non bio .:-)

thegreatape
    Free Member

Centre Parks

The anal sex place?

gavmac
    Free Member

Ah in-laws, divorce has put pay to them. FIL was an angry little erse and the MIL a highly strung drama queen. Bloody awful they were.

Enjoy

AdamW
    Free Member

My inlaws. Hmm.. I don’t speak to the father in law any more. He has Alzheimer’s but he’s always been, basically, evil. Bullying his children, he’s 86 and they (MrAdamW and his sister) are still scared of him. I had enough one day and told him what I thought of him and walked out.

Mother in law is a nice lady though.

curto80
    Free Member

How the hell do you “cook” tea? Tea-bag, water, milk (if you really must). Hardly “cooking” is it.

seadog101

I hate my own parents like they’re in-laws.

Is that allowed?
    Tell me that some of you out there are in the same boat. Genuinely, I can’t stand them. On a good day they’re bearable, but day to day, no.

jimwah
    Free Member

Currently on day 2 of a 5 day stretch with the in-laws staying over. Numerous incidents so far but a new low was reached yesterday when FIL took it upon himself to ‘tidy’ my shed while I was at work. It was all I could do to simply nod and say ‘oh right’ as he explained which boxes he’d put my bike stuff in… I haven’t been out there to assess the damage yet as I’m concerned I won’t be able to remain civilised.

MoreCashThanDash

Well, they are having the kids for the day so I’m getting the road bike out! Relations are thawing rapidly.

If only MrsMC felt that way about her in laws….

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘The In-Laws are staying……’ is closed to new replies.