Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • the-impact-of-bpw-on-our-bodies
  • muttley109
    Free Member

I can only assume I was tearing along at Danny Hart like speeds and then decided to jump off the bike and Into a tree or something!

pat12
    Free Member

Torn right rotator cuff
    Smashed knee cap
    Heart attack

Just out of interest… was it crash resulting in heart attack or heart attack resulting in crash, or was it 3 seperate visits 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

A hard knock to the chest and a resultant heart attack doesnt appear to be too uncommon in mtb and MX.

martinhutch

Be interesting to know how much it’s costing the NHS to treat all the war wounded from BPW?

And do they have to call out MR if the casualty is on something steep well away from the fire road, or do local paramedics cope with all that?

dirtyboy

Knee and rotator cuff were same crash.

Heart attack age 42 first sodding run due to unknown genetic condition, basically my liver chucked out too much bad cholesterol since birth and furred me up hypofamilialcholestemia or something like that.

bigblackshed

Be interesting to know how much it’s costing the NHS to treat all the war wounded from BPW?

When I was in Prince Charles at Merthyr there were 3 admissions that day. The following day a chap came in with a ruptured spleen.

The staff were saying 4 ambulance admissions per week.

I was mountain rescued off the hill. It’s usual TBH.

jonnoss1
    Free Member

April 2016-cracked a rib on vicious valley after hitting a tree stump.
    Kept on riding for rest of the day.

April 2017-displaced my right collar bone, which then snapped into 3 different pieces on 50 shades.
    Walked back to trail centre and blagged a lift to the hospital. Not worth bothering an Ambulance for.

September 2017-Pinch flat on rim dinger. Happy with that one.

I find the blue runs are so well manicured they encourage people to go faster. That’s where I’ve seen most crashes. Or maybe it’s just more people ride them so statistically they have more incidents.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The staff were saying 4 ambulance admissions per week.

Could I get insurance in the UK that would reimburse them the ambulance costs as well as the hospital stay – and how much would I be looking at monthly?

4 a week makes me feel a little bit nauseous.

Perhaps I could just donate to the air ambulances, but the cost of 1 ambulance call must be a small fortune. I doubt a donation would cover much of the expense if I smashed myself up proper, where as if those of us who could afford it – took out private cover, it might make more of a difference?

mehr
    Free Member

Private insurance only works once you’re admitted

If you think it through, its stupid we can go crazy on a bike, near on kill ourselves and expect the Govt/NHS to pick us up for free and fix us up. Then if you’re really lucky you have insurance that will pay for all your time of work.

On the whole ambulance/hospital thing BPW has nothing on the number that Swinley used to produce

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

sssshhhh once the Daily Mail simpletons get hold of it, it will be another outrage (NHS gather stats on all admissions) they are not paying for.

“Cyclists Bankrupting The NHS” coming to a tabloid near you. **** the real causes of Britain being left well and truly in the red, when you can blame minority groups and cover the arses of the trillion pound fraudsters.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Well, at least its combating the obesity epidemic .. and its not lije Rugby and Football dont cause a lot of injuries.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@Tom_W1987 – I know but CYCLISTS though 😆

maxtorque

I’d happily pay a small extra sum on my BPW booking if that got lumped together and donated to say the local air ambulance etc?

Northwind

Broken wallet
    Cake imbalance
    Horrible ride up to uplift circle

nickc

Nothing riding.

rossco832

There was a forum ride at BPWt from an old forum that used to be about and a guy had a really nasty head injury there. I wasn’t actually there but i think a few guys were quite shaken up by it.

The guy was in hospital for a while and had to stop driving for a while as well if I remember correctly.

mcnultycop

Felt a bit queasy watching a lad get his shoulder popped back in whilst I was trying to eat a burger.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘the-impact-of-bpw-on-our-bodies’ is closed to new replies.