Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • the-impact-of-bpw-on-our-bodies
  • dirtyboy

Me

Torn right rotator cuff
    Smashed knee cap
    Heart attack

You?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Haven’t been so none for me..

muttley109
    Free Member

Torn left rotator cuff
    4 Broken ribs and one dislocated rib
    Sprained pelvis (I didnt realise this was possible!)

dirtyboy

Muttley.. Good effort

Goldigger throw yourself down a flight of stairs, for the bpw taster experience.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Emotional stress more than anything…..

A slightly overweight, clumsy looking couple parking right next to my Transporter T5.

Being close passed at speed by a loud mouth on an Ebike.

Having to have stern words with some hyperactive middle class children who were being too loud in the cafe.

It’s certainly the place to go if you want to test your mettle.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Only to the wallet.

Lost an elbow and a decent lump of wrist to Afan though.

P-Jay
    Free Member

@dabidtayforth

Would you consider yourself a ‘people person’? Ha ha

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

colp

Crikey DTF, you’ll be exceeding your quotas.

dirtyboy

Yeah actually I forgot about emotional distress, when I paid eleventy seventy pounds for some disappointing food.

martinhutch

Torn right rotator cuff
    Smashed knee cap
    Heart attack

Did you need to have the heart attack to get a 3 for 1 offer from University Hospital of Wales?

And healing vibes, obvs. 🙂

tenfoot

No physical injuries, just mental anguish that we didn’t pay for an uplift so had to keep riding back to the top.

Daft idea

dirtyboy

Yeah it was a special offer,I got it off Groupon.
    All good now though go back same day every year since it happened.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Goldigger throw yourself down a flight of stairs, for the bpw taster experience

That sounds like a walk in the park compared to throwing myself down a road at 120mph I mean 60 officer, taking a sign out, breaking both femurs, left tib and fib and fracturing L4…

dirtyboy

Private road obvs
    Nicely done Goldigger

colournoise

Radial Head Fracture.
    A few minor cuts, scrapes and bruises.
    Many grins and giggles.

bigblackshed

Fractured scapula, fractured scaphoid, smashed left ring finger. Mountain rescue off the hill, two nights in Prince Charles Merthyr.

More emotional scars than I can shake a stick at.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Private road obvs
    Nicely done Goldigger

Thanks.. I’d still be up for throwing myself down BPW though..

None of my local mates ride bikes so it’s more of a lonesome thing for me.. Whinlatter, landelga, cannock, FOD all riden on my own. If I had been unfortunate I might not be so lucky to be up at this hour comparing scars 🙂

Big-Bud
    Free Member

What the heck you all doing lol,bpw is painting by no,s mtb ive not so much as broke a nail there its hardly les gets Yeah fifty on a trail bike might catch you out but other than that
    Ill be honest love the trails but tne uplift has got slack recently but they are reparing the rd so hopfully it gets sorted but as above the people dressed as smurs spending the entire uplift talking over everyone how sick there run was and talking like theyd just won worlds .
    If i hear another that was sick as **** ……

Now ffestinkydog different ball game .broke my hip

oldtalent
    Free Member

Torn ACL, MCL and meniscus. Off riding for 6 months.

ajantom

@big-bud, I know it’s terrible when people enjoy stuff isn’t it. Just ruins your day. You joyless oaf.

No injuries for me yet, but my mate Chris separated his shoulder on one visit.

weeksy

Ribs cracked, twice. Gashed elbow. Scuffed helmet, destroyed armour.

olly2097
    Free Member

Been three times and had one pedal strike to the shin.

Not bad for me. I usually fall off everywhere I go.

If you want to fall off try the new “root manoeuvres” trail that opened on Monday. It’s slippy slippy mess at the moment.

jamesoz

My visits, usually just hurt my bike/wallet. Most memorable was snapping the SLX drive side Crank on my Hard Tail.
    I was quite lucky it was the top of VV not the quick rooty bit before the road jump.

anagallis_arvensis

Torn cartilage in knee, snapped ACL

mechanicaldope

Severe arm pump.

milky1980
    Free Member

Seeing as I’ve been countless times nothing more than the odd bit of arm pump at the end of the day 😀

My riding buddies on the other hand? One seems to crash every visit and have multiple punctures (but he gets that most rides tbh) and another managed to only get 2/3rds down the hill on his first and only run there!

That’s probably cursed me now for my next visit, must be careful!

CheesybeanZ

Slight anxiety for the first couple of runs followed by griners jaw 😆

transporter13
    Free Member

Scuffed helmet

Sounds painful 😯

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Jesus, are you lot hooning and pushing past say 95 percent of youre riding ability. 20 years of riding, one broken arm here – my brother… that plus several years of racing… placing top 10 in his cat in the BDS and NPS… including a part sponsorship (free bikes, tyres etc) … and a few knock outs and a chipped kneecap.

You lot are crazy!

joemmo
    Free Member

I’ve never been to BPW but just reading about the tales of extreme sporting that take place there has made my balls double in size.

P-Jay
    Free Member

@tom_W1987

As Ponty’s most famous son once said ‘it’s not unusual’.

Loads of people bin it, usually after lunch, usually on the Blues, they’re easy, but they’re also easy to do 30mph+ on, people just run out of room.

Like discussed on the other BPW thread, some people can ride roots, rocks and mud like a demon becaus they honed their skills in the local woods, don’t mean they’re used to going so fast on a 2m wide putting green smooth bit of trail.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Some slowcoach refused to move over for about 10 seconds, despite my repeated shouts, gave me a sore throat. Scum, subhuman scum.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

root manoeuvres

Yeah Thursday just gone you could tell who had been down root manoeuvres they looked like a dirty protest at the chimpanzee enclosure. The yellow clag even managed to stop my back wheel, something I only usually get the pleasure of riding local woods, year round slop fests. Should of got my money back, hard pack my arse 😉

Was shattered on the final run of eight, could hardly hold the bars, even the blues are worth riding for the flat out speed.

leftyboy
    Free Member

3 trips with one ending in a broken shoulder. Last visit, post shoulder surgery, only injury was to my pride as i’ve totally lost confidence, did one red and it wasn’t fun!

Will be back to build my confidence!

BTW broke my shoulder JRA on the path to the cafe as my rear suspension collapsed and threw me off!

maxtorque

Be interesting to know how much it’s costing the NHS to treat all the war wounded from BPW?

(I don’t mean that in a negative / bad way, i’m just interested to know if they can identify an increase in A&E admissions since BPW opened?)

weeksy

Jesus, are you lot hooning and pushing past say 95 percent of youre riding ability. 20 years of riding, one broken arm here – my brother… that plus several years of racing… placing top 10 in his cat in the BDS and NPS… including a part sponsorship (free bikes, tyres etc) … and a few knock outs and a chipped kneecap.

You lot are crazy

Neither of my big offs were actually on the trails. One was on the transition path to Terrys Belly, the other was a hairpin exit path onto fireroad. Lol

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Loads of people bin it, usually after lunch, usually on the Blues, they’re easy, but they’re also easy to do 30mph+ on, people just run out of room

Haha – easy to do 30+mph??

The only place people are doing that kind of speed is in the uplift truck

Not even close, even at full Strava warrior KOM pace. Maybe KPH 😉

muttley109
    Free Member

Jesus, are you lot hooning and pushing past say 95 percent of youre riding ability.

I’d like to think this was the case and that I was trying something epic and way beyond my skill level. The truth is, I have no idea as I was knocked out.
    As soon as I was able, I went straight back to the scene of the accident to see if it jogged my memory or gave any clues as to what happened. Turns out it was on a featureless section of melted bloody welly!

whitestone
    Free Member

Hmm, I don’t know what trail is what at BPW but this segment seems pretty quick. Most of the others I’ve looked at so far have been around 30kmh average speed with top speeds in the 40-44kmh range. Again I don’t know the trails or their grade. The segment above has had “41,125 Attempts By 12,176 People” just from those on Strava. This segment is also pretty nippy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘the-impact-of-bpw-on-our-bodies’ is closed to new replies.