Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • The "I'm only popping out for a couple" quiz
  • dknwhy

On the train into town to meet my mate for a couple of beers. Told the wife that I will only be a few hours.
    What time do we think I’ll be in?

Some facts:
    I’m heading from East Croydon into London.
    It’s my mate’s birthday.
    There’s 12 of us meeting at a little pub in Pimlico.
    I’ve not had any tea.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tuesday…………………week.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

What time is your last train home?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If the pub in Pimlico isn’t Cask, you deserve all the punishment she can give you.

Good curry on Denbigh Street – Place called Paradise. Epic pizza/Italian next door to it, Uno. Do not fall prey to the Thai opposite Cask. Very poor.

Cask burgers are excellent, though. Try the Elvis.

zanelad
    Free Member

You’ll be arrested by 11:30. They’ll keep you in the cells overnight and Mrs DK will have to come and collect you in the morning.

dknwhy

piedi di formaggio – Member
    What time is your last train home?

Pass.

dknwhy

Spot on Captain. See you all next Tuesday 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good work! If they have any Even More Jesus, hang the cost and drink it! Same applies to Speedway Stout.

Some nice stuff from Hawkshead and Acorn on the list at the moment, as well.

Live beer updates required!

lunge

Your posting this at 6pm ish. Last train home will be 1am at a guess, getting you back to Croyden at 1:30am maybe? So you’ll be back then I reckon. The question is whether 7h30m counts as a “few hours” or not.

Saying that, in these circumstances my wife would know exactly what’s going on and not expect me back any time soon.

shermer75
    Free Member

No one ever leaves Pimlico. Everrrrrrr….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good point, Shermer.

Got your passport, OP?

thepurist

<filthy rich and catflap >

Lager frenzy!

</filthy rich and catflap >

somafunk

She’s probably slipped a gps spot tracker into your pocket and written name & address tags in your clothing 😀 , I figure you’ll make a very drunken phone call bout 11 ish to say you’ll be home soon, you’ll arrive home sunday evening with one shoe and a half eaten kebab in your pocket and a thousand yard stare in your eyes

kimbers

riddoch

The benefit of living on a trainline that services an airport there is no last train, that’s not to say you won’t wake up in Brighton though being southern and a Sunday it unlikely to be running.

hora
    Free Member

Evenkng. East Croydon. I used to love my local there, the Oval. One Thursday teatime I said ‘I’m just going for a couple at the Oval, back for tea’. Friday morning i woke up face down on the flat carpet fully clothed.

‘Why didn’t you make me go to bed’? (I had to peel my aching body from the floor slowly)

You refused, you said you felt emancipated and the floor offered more comfort..

Oh the days when I was almost binned by the missus 😆

riddoch

beer list
    If you stick below 7% I’d say home by Monday.

chip
    Free Member

Surely it depends if you pull or not.

hora
    Free Member

Or arrested then put up in a premier ensuite room with breakfast at the local Police station..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of the list there, Soft DK is truly epic.

RustySpanner

I once woke up on the little slide in the kiddies playground in St Peter’s Square in Manchester after a ‘cheeky couple’ turned epic.

6am on a fine June morning.
    Supposed to be in work at 8.

I had to pull the ‘sharted on the train’ last ditch, emergency excuse.

Have fun!
    🙂

djglover
    Free Member

You’ll stillbe getting on it in The Egg Kings Cross at 8am!

scaled
    Free Member

Trains run all night to east Croydon.

Beware through, they don’t run all night from Brighton if you end up down there…

jam-bo

Going out? Or going out out?

jimmy

I’m getting all nostalgic. I miss the days of freedom to wake up not knowing where, why or how.

hora
    Free Member

Ah yes, opening your eyes then thinking ‘that’s not my bedroom ceiling’?

dknwhy

There’s a guy here in full gb team Sky road kit. Which one of you is it?

hora
    Free Member

830pm on a Sat evening?

senorj

If you don’t eat anything ,I reckon you’ll be getting thrown out of Browns at about 10.45 !
    Have fun.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

probably skulk home around 11pm after getting bummed

closet homo

binners

My record for ‘nipping out for a couple’ was a week. That was a while back now, mind, and involved my best mate turning up unannounced back from Iraq. It got a bit out of hand. 😳

Basically if you’re not doing the ‘walk of shame’ at 11 tomorrow morning then you’ve not just let yourself down, you’ve let us all down ….

binners

Use this as a guide…

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0jP_brwVyvc[/video]

dknwhy

Right, I’ve had a pint and several burgers now. Did you spill my pint? You’re all #®©×* etc etc.
    To be fair,the beer is good and the burgers are nice but the birthday boy is refusing to be set up with a bit of crumpet. Muppet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beer updates, or I’ll get you thrown out! (Used to be my local!)

GrahamS

dknwhy

Rothaus pils
    Atom
    Old Moor
    Common Grounds (4 of these and I’m sticking to it) yum.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never stick when there’s that much choice!

Go off piste!

Soft DK.

DO IT!

dknwhy

So, I dragged my sorry self in around 12.30am. Fortunately, my attempts to get another mate to come out for “one last night at Tiger Tiger Croydon” fell on deaf ears.
    Wife was awake when I got in. Didn’t care about me being out out but isn’t happy that I’ve drunkenly arranged to be out on my bike this morning!
    The sad thing is that electrolyte tablets seem to be more of a hangover cure than an exercise aid these days…

drlex
    Free Member

+1 like

jonnyrobertson

Excellent wee thread 🙂 Liking the electrolyte tablet hangover cure as well 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘The "I'm only popping out for a couple" quiz’ is closed to new replies.