Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The Illusionist. Animated film. Anyone seen it.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Got it to watch tonight, anyone seen it yet. Not heard owt about it but imdb gives it a few good reviews.

anagallis_arvensis

supposed to be good, by the same people you did Belleville Rendevous which is fantastic.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Seen it, loved it 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

What a great little film. Would highly recommend. 😀

13thfloormonk

I saw it in the cinema (The Cameo in Edinburgh, which is featured in the film) on a date, with some very nice wine.

Suited my date perfectly, english isn’t exactly her first language and they barely speak a word of it in the whole film 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Favourite bit was the Scotsman rolling down the hill. We saw it as part of a double bill with monseiur hulots holiday. Again, highly recommended.

robgarrioch

Yeah, saw it in the Cameo too. Weird when you watch something and see loads of places you recognise, particularly inside the Barony pub.

Kunstler

As much as I wanted to like it because of all the places I know, it’s not as good as Belleville Rendezvous. And the ending had some sad personal resonances for me – but a sad ending anyway.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Kunstler

Just watched Belleville Rendez-Vous, what a film. Can’t believe I let that one pass me by. Class. 😀

13thfloormonk

Neilsonwheels, if you want to go for the triple, get ‘The Old Lady and the Pidgeons’. Its shorter than the other two but still very good.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

13thfloormonk I’m on it.

Cheers.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I saw it on the opening night of the edinburgh film festival. Really good and cool to recognise places too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The Illusionist. Animated film. Anyone seen it.?’ is closed to new replies.