Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The ideal smartphone
  • SaxonRider

Anyone have experience of one of those waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, dual-sim, 3G phones? Like this one, for example?

I am just wondering how good any of them are, seeing as they look like precisely the sort of thing that would suit the more outdoorsy types.

Certainly, if I didn’t already have a work-supplied iPhone, I would be looking to get one.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I found 8GB rom wasn’t enough and I don’t use that many apps. When I was looking I couldn’t find any (cheap) that had more internal memory.

ulysse
    Free Member

This message is brought to you via a 32gb blackview Bv6000, so far it’s been awesome

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get a Motorola; decent a cheap enough to replace if you **** it.

Use a dry bag if you’re going out in a monsoon.

ulysse
    Free Member

And believe me, when you get caught in a squall up on Rooley moor Road, water will find its way in to almost anything. This thing is still alive and looks like the day I bought it still. £180 UK sourced, £130 China sourced.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Not dual sim, but I have the Samsung Galaxy xcover 3. It’s great, does everything I want it to and has borne the brunt of bike crashes, ski crashes and has been used as an underwater camera.

Still looks and works the same as it did when I bought it 15 months ago.

tjagain

Having recently bought my first ever mobile and after doing my research I ended up with a sony m4 Last years model so cheap, waterproof, big screen decent battry life. Its a bit short of memory but that appears to be its only disadvantage

Oops – not dual sim – read the OP TJ

mikewsmith
    Free Member

3g!! I think that removes the ideal part for me.

cp

An OS which is three generations old and barely has enough ram to pull the skin off custard, let alone much more storage than a few apps and £80 looks very expensive to me.

A more modern say splashproof moto g in a robust case would be far more sensible.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Have you tried a Blackberry ??

😆

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

What does everyone make of Google’s Pixel phone, covertly advertised on the Google webpage today?

https://madeby.google.com/intl/en_uk/phone/?utm_source=hp&utm_medium=HPP_link&utm_term=all&utm_campaign=oo_ph_pmos:os_enuk

ulysse
    Free Member

Blackview BV6000 Review – Tough Enough

The software has been updating regularly over the last couple of months, so I’m hoping the developers are preparing for an Android nougat update soon

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The ideal smartphone’ is closed to new replies.