Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • The "I can't ride on the best weekend of the year so far" sympathy thread
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Anyone else off the bike and sulking when looking out the window at the dry dusty trails?

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheer up, it is going to rain tomorrow.

ratherbeintobago

I've no chance this weekend. Maybe on Mon…

Andy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benji_allen
    Free Member

Why can't you ride?

Drac

Unlikely I get out but I thinking I may ride down to my Daughters party tomorrow and back. It's just a flat coastal path but stunning scenery.

balfa
    Free Member

Yup. Sulking here as recovering from a fractured kneecap. Can't wait to get riding again!

tree-magnet
    Free Member

In Balad, so ridings off the cards for another 15 days.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Broken bone in my left hand so no riding for me either.

prettygreenparrot

Just got back from the USA in time for the best weekend yet, friends going to the lakes and I've come back with a chest infection. Grrr

mikey74
    Free Member

Likewise: I got up early today, all ready to load the car up and go, but then my cough and sorethroat returned and started to feel shit again and decided it would probably do me more good to rest.

It is soo frustrating, especially as it seems to take me sooo long to get over these damn colds (this one has been two weeks now). A 50 year old woman in my office had a cold and was over it in a day or two: Me? I get it for a few weeks.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah, I've been out most weekends for the last few weeks and promised my wife I'd not ride this weekend but already talking of a cheeky quick one tomorrow 😉

rOcKeTdOg

I went riding yesterday, so garden time with book and beer today, BBQ later 🙂

timber

Cleaning out the drains, should have done it a fortnight ago, but now the weather is so lovely, the yard really stinks, maybe a ride this evening will clear the stench from my nostrils…

monkeychild
    Free Member

Fractured my coccyx so Christ knows when I back on it again ?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Big time sulk here. At work in front of a computer, looking at the sun out the window. Was supposed to be out last night and couldn't make that, can't do tomorrow either. Oh, and next weekend I've got to go to a bloody wedding. 😡

On the positive side, got out last weekend which was ace, and just spent a small fortune at CRC. There goes the overtime.

the_prophet
    Free Member

man flu.

newish bike and heap of new kit and I can't move.

hopefully that'll be it for the year now and the rest of the weekends of weather like this, i'll be out enjoying them…..

Sandwich

Road riding only this weekend. Broken XC bikes from riding to work one dead Cannondale with a oil leak on the lefty, one dead Orange mech hanger broke and XTR mech turned to surreal art. Awaiting pay to effect repairs, so next weekend I may not get to ride off-road either.

_tom_
    Free Member

Stuck inside doing uni work when I was meant to be going to Llandegla, not too bad though as I did have an hour out on the bike earlier to stop myself from going completely insane 😆

ashfanman
    Free Member

Having come back from a ride, I can assure you that you're not missing out. It was terrible – sunny, a nice cool breeze, bone dry trails, fast, grippy…absolutely no rain or gloopy mud at all. I didn't even need to wash my bike when I got back. RUBBISH. 😆

Bregante

nights all weekend. just got up and swmbo practically threw the kids at me as she legged it out the door 😥

Dancake
    Free Member

Little dude and I are having fun while Birthday girl gets pampered today.

Did a 7.00am start ride yesterday though. It was probably the best ride I have ever had! I was fast, the bike was ace, the conditions excellent…I even did a log drop-off that I havnt had the guts for before. result

Bimbler
    Free Member

Pinged my back as I leapt out of bed this morning. I only leapt out as I was in such a good mood due to the prospect of riding in the sun and (whisper it) dry trails. Ho hum, I guess two years is too long to stop pilates 🙁

BigJohn

Don't worry, there will be another 10 "warmest weekends of the year so far" this year. And about 70 "warmest days of the year so far".

I bet all the lazy journalists in the southern hemisphere are annoyed they never have that cliche to fall back on

Kit
    Free Member

I'm going to spend tomorrow enjoying the effects of Picolax, so I won't be out either…

project
    Free Member

Went out today, drove 12 miles, and realised forgot money and wallet, so drive back,found i had left front door open.

Set out again, stopped to drop mate off at antique fair,fell off pavement and riped palm open (grazed) other palm large bruise,hit knee on floor, turned round and drove home to get claeaned up, fell asleep and then woken up to sound of cat being sick on leather settee.

Knee seizing up,both palms hurting,sweling starting on knee and palms, and cat sleeping as if nothing was wrong.

mick
    Free Member

I can't ride either, it's the wife's birthday!

warpcow
    Free Member

Sulky and a bit surly too. Was planning to have a nice long ride today and 1km in one of those silly, straight-pull, spoke flange things that Mavic hubs have came pinging off. As in the whole bloody thing: two spokes flapping around in the wind (and the disc, took a chunk out of that too when one of them wrapped in the frame). Considering it was only six months old (and spent a lot of time indoors over winter) I was slightly peeved, to say the least 👿

Drac

Wahey riding now boys have kindly agreed to ride early to allow me to get. 8.30 kick off alwiton.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Gave up today to spend 8 hours of hard labour in the garden with a chainsaw and strimmer, getting out the door tomorrow morning though!

eth3er
    Free Member

Overrated quite frankly. Sunny, hot, dry, fast, dust flicking up and that one time we stopped for some ice cream sitting by the river bank with toes in the water. Overrated.

Drac

Sounds shit eth3r.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's tinderbox dry in the woods and heaths. Feels like Spain. Tomorrow's rain shower on the dirt will just improve the grip.

The poster with 2 broken bikes – cannibalise them into one good one ASAP!

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

I'm out too this weekend. Had a brilliant ride out last Sunday, come Monday my right knee was killing me. Torm the mcl. Gutted, climbing the walls now and need to get out!

julianwilson
    Free Member

On call senior nurse. Until the phone rings and I leap into action like a rather frustrated, errr, leaping thing, your taxes are paying me about 50p an hour for not riding my bike. 😐

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘The "I can't ride on the best weekend of the year so far" sympathy thread’ is closed to new replies.