Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The Holy Grail
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Monty Python’s, that is. Do you think its suitable for a 9 year old?
    He “gets” the humour in the most part. I’d like to get him Life of Brian, but I think that may be a little “mature” for him (in terms of nudity and language).
    Your thoughts please?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ni!

binners

Only if he can answer these questions three…

stewartc
    Free Member

African or European?

rocketman
    Free Member

rocket jr was around that age. IIRC he enjoyed Tim The Enchanter and the Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh and the Bridge of Death but the rest of it was silly. Very silly indeed

SaxonRider

I would be more inclined to wait until around 12, but I doubt it will do any harm.

Other than the fact that it is less funny than we tend to remember.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Other than the fact that it is less funny than we tend to remember.

No it isn’t!

nickc

If there’s any of the pythons films that’s a 9 yo would ‘get’ I reckon Holy Grail is it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

yeah i reckon its fine although you might have to explain what a spanking is

jekkyl

I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

honeybadgerx

Well it’d kind of be a nice homage to the film if the police suddenly swoop in half way to stop you letting him watch it.

TheDTs
    Free Member

We watched the ‘every sperm is sacred’ scene from The Meaning of life in a Geography class once. Not sure how many Catholic kids were in our class.

Life of Brian, suppose it depends on the 9 year old.

theotherjonv

I’ve shown mine clips before and they have found them funny, but the whole film might drag a bit.

Favourites include – the Ramparts scene (‘Fetchez la vache’), She’s a witch, Tim the Enchanter and his eccentric performance, and of course the Spamalot song.

chip
    Free Member

I first saw life of Brian when i was about eight or nine, same with blazing saddles and history of the world part 1.
    Come to think of it I had seen practically every horror film that was out at the time.
    What was our parents thinking.

Anyway, never did me any harm.

GregMay
    Free Member

Bar parts of the scene in Castle Anthrax yeah, it’ll be fine.

You’ll end up explaining oral sex though.

chip
    Free Member

You’ll end up explaining oral sex though.

I doubt it, The kids nine not five.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Naughty Zoot.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Blazing Saddles is another, which conveniently I have saved on the recorder. :mrgreen:

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘The Holy Grail’ is closed to new replies.