Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The Hold Steady – Bristol, tonight. Anybody else going?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh I can’t wait! They’re awesome live. Anybody else seeing them tonight or on the current tour?

scratch
    Free Member

I wish, great band, only over in Cardiff to, should have got my act together.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tickets still available

TheFopster
    Free Member

Can’t go but would have loved to. V. jealous.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

I’m going tonight, to be fair I know nothing about them, just the misses is a huge Wintersleep fan – so I am being dragged taken out for the evening. I’m guessing it’s not for my love of music, more my driving skills and my knowledge of how to get to Trenchard street car park………

Still, should be a good evening though…!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still, should be a good evening though…!!!

I reckon you’ll enjoy it – they really do give a good performance live.

DavidM
    Free Member

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuperb band. Should be an ace gig. I do miss Mr Nicolay though

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah Boooo…I didn’t realise he’d left. Who’s gonna bang out that intro to Sequestered??

meehaja
    Free Member

Playing Leeds on valentines day. Apparently this means we can’t go. I did argue that when we first moved in together we went to see them, but I don’t think the wife enjoyed it as much as me. Oh well, new live tracks on Itunes for me to enjoy.

kevin1911

Going to see them in Glasgow on Wednesday. Really looking forward to it. Had tickets for their last tour, but the show was cancelled due to one of them getting ill. Glasgow show was the only one to not get rescheduled 🙁 So can’t wait for weds. Can you post up a wee review of tonight show pls?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Watched them in Southampton last night, they’re in fine form.

That said, they’ve never been in anything other than fine form on the previous occasions I’ve watched them.

Set was about 90 mins long and spanned all five studio albums.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Set was about 90 mins long and spanned all five studio albums.

Woo!

DavidM
    Free Member

Arse, committed to an ‘old friends getogethor’ on the same night as the London date. I think I’d still prefer a bit of posetive rage. I have just realised I have seen them every year for the past 5 and they have been superb each and every time.

dafunkphenomenon
    Free Member

Wanted to go see them in Leeds but no one else I know is into them.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

So, how was it then?

Also…

dafunkphenomenon – Member
    Wanted to go see them in Leeds but no one else I know is into them.

It’s okay to go to gigs on your own now and again!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So, how was it?

Awesomez. As you said, they’re in fine form. I love seeing bands in small venues. So much more intimate. Ears still zinging a bit this morning.

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

It’s okay to go to gigs on your own now and again!

indeed it is, and crowded ones are better so’s you don’t feel conspicuous. i might be doing the same to see these in brum tonight, thanks to some drop-outs. the secret weapon is a notepad – pretending to be a music journo affords you a little justification for being on your tod (not that it needs justifying of course)

i’d been wavering about bothering to go, but what with the enthusiasm on this here thread i’m becoming convinced

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The Hold Steady – Bristol, tonight. Anybody else going?’ is closed to new replies.