• This topic has 49 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • The Hobbit
  • dragon
    Free Member

The Hobbit Part 1 is one of the most boring films ever made. I like a slow burning film, but it is utter gash. TBF the book is pretty twee and stupid, but to turn it into 9 hours of film, wtf, you could read the book quicker.

Apocalypse now is a genius sprawling mess, made by people who cared but became slightly unhinged on drugs. The Hobbit in comparison is a cynical attempt at bleeding the Hobbit fan dry of their cash.

atlaz
    Free Member

Both films need more air support.

Both trilogies would have been a lot shorter if Gandalf had told the eagles to get involved from the start.

Need a trip to the smokey mountains? – Eagles get you there in half an hour
    Need to kill that massive ork-y army? – Eagles can handle that
    Need to get to Mordor and lob a ring in? – Eagle airways is your friend

they proved at the end of both trilogies they could get where the characters were going, they just couldn’t be arsed.

Lazy bastard eagles.

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh, and there’s an edit of the Hobbit on various torrent sites which cuts all the crap out that wasn’t in the book or was elongated. Apparently it’s many hours shorter. I have a download pending, will report back if/when I get it and if/when I watch it 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

That Tom B. Blog is excellent.

While we’re on the LotR films: I’ve never disliked Tom B nor the ransacking of the Shire but I can understand why they were left out of the films as they are primarily sidelines to the main narrative of the story.
    Let’s face it, they could have made a whole Marvel-esque series of films without too much trouble.

fasthaggis

Both trilogies would have been a lot shorter if Gandalf had told the eagles to get involved from the start.

🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvdDfYpnJsg[/video]

martinhutch

Got about half an hour in to the first one with the family before being overcome by sheer dwarvish tedium and finding something else to watch.

Complete contrast with LOTR which was a really well-paced series apart from the Rivendell/Galadriel stuff.

nickc

Lazy bastard eagles.

Even Tolkein suggested that they were a bit Ex Machina

Northwind

I saw a brilliant comment, “if the lord of the rings is a metaphor for a world war, the eagles are the americans”

slimjim78
    Free Member

Lazy bastard eagles.

I prefer Homme’s earlier work with Elven Queens of the Stone Age

Spin
    Free Member

The Terrible Secret of Tom Bombadil

I always thought of Bombadil as a personification of nature or the earth.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘The Hobbit’ is closed to new replies.