Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The Happy Ride to Work Thread (PPOP*)
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

*Positive Posts Only Please

There are an awful lot of gloomy posts on here regarding cycling to work, I’ve stopped reading them but each to their own.

So tell us how good your ride to work was this morning.

Mine was fantastic, pretty warm for December at 12 degrees, ground was wet but not a drop of rain for 20 miles and I had a tailwind (yep I know what’s coming for the ride home but I quite like the epic battle into a headwind). Several car drivers were very courteous this morning and not one person pulled out in front of me, etc, etc. Bike felt great, not a squeak or a rattle.

It’s days like this that make me love riding to/from work. It really is a very positive thing to do.

TPTcruiser

Set off this morning thinking I may just get the train rather than cycling all the way to work. Felt good as I rolled past the station and kept going.
    Ten miles rather than two.

tthew

I got to ride through an 18 inch deep flood under the railway bridge, where the Dee had overtopped the bank, presumably during last weeks tidal surge. Didn’t even fall off to entertain the viewers! (none of whom were brave enough to follow me through). AND now my shoes and socks are drying in my heated overall locker.

How about that for a win-win-win commute?

tomglass20
    Free Member

Mine was nice and fresh, woke me up nicely for work. Only down side being I ended up with dog butter all over my riding shorts but strangely none on the saddle or rear tyre, leaving me a little perplexed as to how it came to reside there ?

funkrodent

Didn’t ride into work today for various reasons, but can’t wait for the ride tomorrow morning now 😀

The-Beard

I am lucky to have a rural commute these days so I rarely have to ride on busy roads to get to work (only if I’m running late!) As a result I tend to really enjoy it and I’ve been treated to some spectacular sunrises and sunsets over the past year or so. There have been some brutal, cold, wet rides in the pitch black but it still beats my old commute across London.

Sunrise last week!

highlandman
    Free Member

Looking forward to the Sidlaw Hills north of Dundee for a night commute home tomorrow, which should be excellent. Haven’t been up there for a while as the main trail over the top has been affected by cattle since September but as they’re down off the hill now, that should be game on for the rest of the winter. A few rides will quickly settle down a fast line down the glen and then it’ll be smiles all the way to summer..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The Happy Ride to Work Thread (PPOP*)’ is closed to new replies.