Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The haitus is over. I expect much pain and grumbling… from me…
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

It’s been some considerable time since I’ve properly used any of my bicycles. they have lain in bits gathering dust for a very long time indeed. I’ve had the odd cycle but I can probably count on one hand the number of times it would have been averaging per year…

Reasons for not getting out are many but I’ll not bore you with that.

I recently built up an old frame I had sat doing nothing for years and last night I finished it.
    I took it for a short spin and for the first time in a long long time I really enjoyed it! I’m an old school rider at heart and this bike just really seems to fit and feel great to me. For the first time in years I actually feel a bit of motivation to get out and reclaim some form of fitness.

The bike isn’t pretty, it isn’t modern but neither am I.

One thing I noticed is that modern bikes look to have moved on quite a bit! Wheels are completely different, gearing is many many many gears and it’s become rather expensive!

However, I shall take my old bugger out and it will put a smile on my face.

Happy days 😀

jamj1974

Don’t worry about fashion. Ride it and enjoy it as you are!

duncancallum

It’s on discs that qualifies as new.

Took my 1995 Sunn vertic round the block last week. Man those bars are narrow….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘The haitus is over. I expect much pain and grumbling… from me…’ is closed to new replies.