Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • the guy who lives in a tent
  • tails
    Free Member

some of you must remember the guy who decided to live in a tent for a year to get a mortgage a believe. Anyone know how he’s doing? worst part of winter nearly over 😀

Trampus
    Free Member
    Trampus
    Free Member

Oops! Torminalis.

tails
    Free Member

thats the one i just read one of his blog posts, he writes in a nice way easy to understand and take in, could be described as calming. thanks trampus 😀

nickc

wow, that last post is something powerful.

Trampus
    Free Member

Almost cried!

Torminalis
    Free Member

Trampus – best compliment yet, cheers dude. I think that Singletrack is singlehandedly responsible for 90% of my hits!

Bunnyhop

What a fantastic blog.
    Very eye opening to all that life can throw at you.
    I certainly appreciate my lovely central heated house with all mod cons. Even though we are still ‘doing it up’, after reading it.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Just reading your blog mate… 🙂 AS I’ve not finished it yet I’m reserving judgement….(in case you turn out to be evil or something ha ha!) So far (15th Sept)you appear to be a top bloke!!

richc
    Free Member

great blog, and good on you

vdubber67
    Free Member

Now I’ve finished I can definately say you are a great writer and a nice bloke to boot! 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am glad to hear this is still going well. I was corresponding with Soul Pad the other day about tents, but am still struggling to persuade my wife that they are OK to live in.

🙂

brack
    Free Member

I’d not heard of him to be honest….but know that there are few wild campers out there who manage to hold down full time respectable jobs.

I lived out of my VW Transporter panel van for over a year in 2006/ 2007….was probably one of the most liberating and social experiences of my life!

My existence was one of contrast and at times bordered on the sublime.

I’d just returned to the UK from an 18 months global drift that saw me working as a remote medic with the UN up in the wild but beautiful mountains of Afghanistan, later purchasing a jeep and scarf and driving up the khyber pass and into Pakistan to assist with the earthquake relief efforts in Pakistan anyway blah blah I basically went ferrel.

Landed back in the UK….my van started first time….and she became my home.

I lived in a beautiful valley just north of Chichester and right on the downs….I paid the farmer £1 a night and rode my bike whenever I liked….I windsurfed and kited if the wind gods favoured me.The evening fireside gatherings were fantastic….I was never alone…

Clean water and a plastic trug – I learnt the art of a trug wash….quite a liberating experience at 4.30 in the morning I can assure you….!

I earnt my crust wearing green driving at speed….go figure.I handed out blankets and my sympathy to the homeless, cried within and bit my lip on more than several occasions at the lazy benefit cheats who rob this country blind and seem to demand and get whatever they so desire.

Good on people like this bloke – I don’t know his story but Id place a bet that he is probably more at peace with the world than most wall dwellers who hide behind their locked doors.

tails
    Free Member

gee when i read stuff like that brack just makes me wanna go live outside. I’m very jealous of these countries where the people live the majority of there time outside eat, drink, play, etc

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘the guy who lives in a tent’ is closed to new replies.