Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The Great himalayan Eco-Adventure- Highest Altitude Duathalon [MTB+Trail Runnin]
  • NaysaAhuja
    Free Member

Most would call this ‘an endurance challenge’ – we would not agree less, however emphasize on the exploratory nature of the challenge. Two High Himalayan passes (The Kunzum pass and the Tarikhango pass) as high as 4600 meters, An old footpath tracing the journey from Alpine green pasturelands of Kinnaur to the cold desert moonscape of the Spiti valley – almost 65 kms of high altitude trail running/walking and 160 kms of mountain biking in High altitude – “THE GREAT HIMALAYAN ECO ADVENTURE” is an adventure enthusiast’s delight. 280 kms, 4days of running, 4 days of riding over 26,000 meters in elevation gain, 2 Himalayan Passes as high as 4650 meters above sea level, thousand year old monasteries, prayer flags, a high altitude lake which goes by the name of “Chandtratal”, meaning “Lake of the Moon”, this adventure duathlon sure is through moonscape. Imagine, , stages which pass through some of the highest mountains in the world, through jeep tracks and single tracks, camping in the open at 4400 meters, staying overnight in a monastery again, camping by the high altitude lake side, Imagine which Duathlon would have it all. Yes, “The Great Himalayan Eco Adventure”, in the fabled Spiti valley, promises this and much more. Racing for 50 kms a day in high altitude, sure is a test of strength, endurance and skill, count on our race package to make it a breeze for you, so you don’t have to worry about anything else. Everyday finds us running/riding through two stages, with a free ride section (lots of time to capture photographs in the fabulous mountain country), with everything taken care of, nutrition halts serving energy drinks and fruits, lunch halt ensuring the bodily fuels keep the pedal running and the camp dining area dishing out the best Indian and International fare to suit all palates. Medical back-up, an inter-woven wireless communication network, massage is all included, so is accommodation on twin sharing basis in high altitude tents.
    If you are initiated, love your running and your bike and have that adventure soul, sign on to the first edition of the ECO ADVENTURE, we can assure, you’ll invariably go back a different person, after all, it is the highest DUATHLON in the world.

ENTRY FEES is INR 18,999/- or USD 400/-
    Catch us on Facebook – TRAIL TALES OUTDOORS or http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134612316557549&index=1#!/pages/TRAIL-TALES-outdoor-experiences-beyond/106900056004855

Mail: info.trailtales@gmail.com or call +91-97186-30467 or catch us on skype as trailtalesoutdoors ..

Regards, Team Great Himalayan Eco adventure

soobalias
    Free Member

no charge for adverts on this site.

woody2000

Aye, I hope you've paid for your plug.

Anyway, in what way is it an "Eco" adventure? Or am I misunderstanding the "Eco" bit? 😕

ratswithwings
    Free Member

It would be more eco to not go!!! 😉

NaysaAhuja
    Free Member

TRAIL RUNNING STAGES from Kafnu in Kinnaur to Mudh in the Pin Valley – TRAIL RUNNING

Stage One – Kafnu – Mulling (14kms)
    From Kafnu
    its a gradual uphill for 7 kms from 2500 meters to 3500 meters,… See More
    …following which its undulating (upphill and flats) through high altitude
    meadows to reach Mulling 3800meters (approx 5-6 hrs)

Stage Two – Mulling – Pistaring (12kms)Today
    its a day when traverse through highland pastures and also cross the
    river Bhabha. Its again a gradual uphill where we gain 900 meters
    (Pistaring 4500 meters)

Stage Three – Pistaring – Bhabha Pass –
    Paldar (16kms)One of the hardest days as we start our ascent to
    Tarikhango (Bhabha pass) gaining 450 meters from Pistaring in 2 kms.
    Bhaba pass is at 4910 meters and involves glacier crossings. From Bhabha
    pass its a downhill of 11 kms to Paldar at 4300 meters.

Stage Four
    – Paldar – Mudh (16kms)Walk through a flat terrain as we enter Pin
    valley today at an average altitude of 4000 meters. Mudh is at 3700
    meters.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

accommodation on twin sharing basis in high altitude tents

I don't fancy yours much…

NaysaAhuja
    Free Member

@ woody:

The great Himalayan eco-adventure, as the name reflects, is an initiative by Trail Tales Outdoors to involve adventure sports enthusiasts, regular trekkers, runners and avid mountain bikers and cyclists to create awareness amongst a community of outdoor lovers about ‘going green’ eco-tourism practises raising their sensitivity about pertinent issues which we face today- responsible tourism, climate change and environment preservation.
    Adventure sport is the biggest segment of the ever-expanding tourism industry throughout the world, and in India it has witnessed a manifold growth since the past few years. Its health benefits, active lifestyle statement and exploring outdoors has finally caught up in India which research shows has a population of which 75% is under 25 years of age.
    The Great Himalayan Eco-adventure, in its first edition in 2010 aims to reach out as many people as possible spread the message of going green and taking care of the environment which the segment is addicted to. The participants who eventually would turn up for the event are not merely participants; they are the ambassadors of spreading this message amongst the community of outdoor lovers and take the first step towards establishing an understanding that adventure sports is not just about fun and thrills, it can also contribute substantially towards generating awareness and a conscience within to be actively conscious about the need and importance of appreciating nature, environment and being responsible for its conservation.
    The Great Himalayan Eco-Adventure focuses on
    • Environment
    • Going green
    • Reducing carbon credits
    • Climate change
    • Himalayan Glaciers
    • Preservation of fragile cultures
    • Responsible tourism

happy Trails… 🙂

woody2000

• Environment
    • Going green
    • Reducing carbon credits
    • Climate change
    • Himalayan Glaciers
    • Preservation of fragile cultures
    • Responsible tourism

None of which will be achieved by this, sorry.

Good luck tho

nicko74

It would seem we have someone who's signed up to stw to basically plug his/her trail race in lieu of actual advertising. Not sure how this is covered by the forum rules etc?
    I mean, I'm not offended, just mildly miffed that this is someone who's never been on before randomly spamming. Booo! Down with this sort of thing!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The participants who eventually would turn up for the event are not merely participants; they are the ambassadors of spreading this message amongst the community of outdoor lovers and take the first step towards establishing an understanding that adventure sports is not just about fun and thrills, it can also contribute substantially towards generating awareness and a conscience within to be actively conscious about the need and importance of appreciating nature, environment and being responsible for its conservation.

does this mean anything, and if it does, is it true ?

NaysaAhuja
    Free Member

Perseverance & belief in goodness mingled with passion…impossible is nothing, as they say!
    thanks a ton bro

sc-xc

I'm with that lot ^. I'm going to go for a run from my front door, come home..then go for a ride. More environmentally friendly than catching a flight somewhere.

NaysaAhuja
    Free Member

@ simon: i guess i have stumbled upon a wrong forum, looking for some authentic Mountain Bike Riders. Riders were always believers where i come from.

thanks for reading!
    I call this post officially closed here.

trickydisco
    Free Member

**pulls up chair**

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

looking for some authentic Mountain Bike Riders.

and that can only take place in the Himalaya ?

Riders were always believers where i come from.

round here some of us nurture deep scepticism

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The Great himalayan Eco-Adventure- Highest Altitude Duathalon [MTB+Trail Runnin]’ is closed to new replies.