Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The Great British Cuppa
  • centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

It’s either squeeze or 2 teabags 😀

scandal42
    Free Member

Not met a man yet who likes tea more than Fathomer

patagonian
    Free Member

About a year ago there was a tea expert on the radio and he said – the key is boiling water hitting the tea. So with tea bags its milk last but for a pot it doesn’t matter.

spacemonkey

2 teabags, rough cut rock of brown sugar, water, leave to brew for 5 mins, squeeze bags (but leave them in), splash of milk …

Up north I often get away with a single bag, but darn sarf it has to be two as the water is shocking.

A properly stewed brew is the only way to start a cold winter’s morning.

nickc

Good to know there’s almost as much bollocks talked about making tea as there is about making coffee.

There are no rules, anybody tells you different is making it up.

buckster
    Free Member

Black Earl Grey and nothing else.

cardo

Proper Coffee over instant… But too many and I can’t paint straight lines.

Tea is first choice , love it from a pot and honey to sweeten.

TiRed

Tea from the teasmade first thing. Milk first because that’s how I take the cups up to bed. Fill the boiler and add two teabags. Always nice to wake up to. And I only drink out of china mugs or cups.

Coffee and tea ad libitem throughout the day. I can drink caffeine without impunity at any time and still sleep like a baby.

superstu
    Free Member

Narrow wide

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tea from leaves in a pot, if it’s only one cup then a decent infuser or strainer to get it right, looking at some funky insulated mug with integrated strainer for travelling. As for yorkshire tea WTF is it, not sure what it actually tastes like but it’s not tea.
    Tea comes from here
    http://www.t2tea.com/en/au/tea/
    Nothing worse than paying for a pot of tea when your out and getting a bag in it.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

in the early days of tea-drinking, poor-quality cups were inclined to crack when hot tea was poured into them

I call rubbish on this.

In The early days of tea drinking the stuff was so hideously expensive it would never have been drunk by poor people except as left overs from those upstairs. If they were very lucky the servants may have been able to re use the leaves but they would likely have dried and resold them when they could. I doubt it predates its import into europe as we never had a high opinion of foreigners (especially from the far east), and i doubt it’s continental european custom either as, whilst they drank tea before the UK they are not famed for milk in tea in europe, Spain and Portugal particularly.

More likely it’s some Victorian middle class nonsense derived to distinguish the grasping middle-class from their lessers like big sets of cuttlery. After all, if it was the weakness of your pottery its as like to effect your teapot as your teacup and you’d never put milk in that.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘The Great British Cuppa’ is closed to new replies.