Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • The Grand Tour Series 2
  • nealglover
    Free Member

fanatic278
    Free Member

I watched it on a 4K telly. The scenery was amazing. But it did make you realise how much makeup the presenters were wearing. They looked like corpses made up for an open coffin – particularly Clarkson. There’s a man who could do with detox.

kerley
    Free Member

Seems to be getting worse (from a low bar). Nothing original, back to as close to Top Gear format as they can get away with, not even touring anywhere and staying in same location for studio.

Topped off by showing us that a Lamborghini (could be any other supercar) can not be used around a very tight and narrow city street and can’t come with angles in the road (for what must be the tenth time)

headfirst
    Free Member

I hated it and I haven’t even watched it.

simondbarnes

I enjoyed it

slimjim78
    Free Member

The other half made a fair observation whilst I was panning it during playback yesterday.

‘remember that easily pleased and stupid people are a target audience too’

Shut me right up.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I might find something I dont like on tv then watch it each week to repeatedly complain about it.
    Or I might do something I enjoy instead.

Kryton57

I thought it was already. Same ol’ format though.

It is to my annoyance we have the direct language re “arse” and some shagging dialogue, my 8yo would love the 3 cars but he isn’t watching that.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Or I might do something I enjoy instead

The internet told me I’d enjoy it.
    I want my money back.

Complaining about it is the best way to address the balance. If something really is below par and over-hyped, it deserves slander.

the-muffin-man

One last money grab for the pension and then into the sunset?

It could well be – and after watching a few episodes of the latest series it looks like their budget has been cut massively. It just doesn’t feel as ‘grand’ as the first series.

Perhaps the Hamster should jump ship to Top Gear!

Drac

They’ve mentioned retiring from this kind of show a few times as they’re getting any younger. The first series had a massive budget to pull people to it, that worked so they scaled it down.

It’s not that much different really they just don’t travel to a different country with the tent every week.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well I have been quite enjoying it (just seen the first three so far). I gave up on series one halfway through but I would say this series has overall been way better.

Pook

It used to be good. Now they’re just cariacatures.

Shame as the production is stunning

johndoh
    Free Member

But it’s a good job Hammond had that crash and Clarkson had ‘pneumonia’ otherwise they would have struggled for gags.

legend
    Free Member

johndoh – Member

Well I have been quite enjoying it (just seen the first three so far). I gave up on series one halfway through but I would say this series has overall been way better.

This. Much more enjoyable this time round, even if it is basically a 10 year old Top Gear repeat. Farmkhana was even pretty good fun….. until they then talked about it for 10mins and made it a bit rubbish 🙁

jonnyboi

I’m really underwhelmed by series 2.

celebrity face off gets the FF treatment, and it’s at least 15 mins long.

Drac

Yeah they dragged the Farmkhana bit out far too long.

Kryton57

and it’s at least 15 mins too long.

Fixed.

rs
    Free Member

I still enjoyed watching it even if it was a bit crap at times, but it wasn’t enough to keep my prime subscription as I never used it for anything else, so i’m out.

bencooper
    Free Member

Talking. So much talking. Shortish car bit, then sitting in a tent talking for ages. Then another average car bit, then lots of talking in the tent again.

It’s like Parkinson with three slightly racist dads and the occasional car.

And I liked the old Top Gear…

ivantate
    Free Member

I am guessing no moving tent due to the health issues.

Not seen the most recent ones but one of the best parts for me was the office guys thrashing their cars around the parking lot in ep3.
    No big budget required, everyone having fun.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m still watching (and enjoying) it but fast forward through most of the talky bits and have long since stopped myself being wound up by the obviously staged bits and pieces in the features. It looks great in 4K HDR (although the presenters don’t!).

Flaperon

Not seen the most recent ones but one of the best parts for me was the office guys thrashing their cars around the parking lot in ep3.

Except it was using professional drivers. But a laugh to watch.

Definitely better than season 1, but not a patch on the Top Gear of old. The best things were the road trips, should’ve just made a feature-length one every year and charged a tenner for it.

the-muffin-man

Just watched last Fridays edition – the Audi-v-Lancia bit was great. I wish they’d do more of this sort of factual stuff, they do it so well.

Drac

The other stuff was silly fun but yes that part was fantastic, the Quattro was the start of my Audi love.

kerley
    Free Member

the Audi-v-Lancia bit was great.

Agree, in fact it was the only good part from either of the series. Lots of stuff like that on YouTube though which is what I watch for car content.

bear-uk
    Free Member

I’ve watched the first 6 episodes of this series on Showbox and quite enjoyed them.
    Even had the wife laughing.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘The Grand Tour Series 2’ is closed to new replies.