• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The genius of Wallace and Gromit
  • SaxonRider

Having come home with a bad back, I am sitting here watching Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit with my four year old.

The whole W&G enterprise really is genius.

The references in Curse are often times hilarious, and the way it draws on real aspects of Northern English life is brilliant.

Maybe Nick Park should get a look-in for the Greatest Living Englishman.

Drac

Welcome to 2005. 😉

SaxonRider

I move slowly, but I do get there…

D0NK

got all the W&G stuff, they were on the kids favourite playlist for a while, I love em.

The slightly related Pirates! is another one I really like.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

A Matter of Loaf and Death is the best of the series.

I go to a customer who have an Ex Aardman W&G set in their reception, complete with both stars.

I want to steal it soooo much.

metcalt

Slightly off topic, Aardman have just release some Creature Comforts videos to celebrate David Attenborough’s 90th, well worth a watch.

Cougar

The slightly related Pirates! is another one I really like.

Honorary mention for Shaun the Sheep also, surely.

MoreCashThanDash

Shaun the Sheep the Movie was a little underwhelming.

Pirates! on the other hand was utter genius. Without doubt Hugh Grants finest performance.

And now I know why the hot air balloon was invented 😉

D0NK

Honorary mention for Shaun the Sheep also, surely.

haven’t seen it 😳
    (movie or series)

rossburton
    Free Member

The movie was… fine. The series is awesome.

Drac

Slightly off topic, Aardman have just release some Creature Comforts videos to celebrate David Attenborough’s 90th, well worth a watch.

Hahaha! They’re ace.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Curse of the Wererabbit is sheer class, as is most of Aardman’s output although Pirates was something of a disappointment for me.
    I was sooo looking forward to the Minions movie, being a fan of the Despicable films, but this cast-iron laugh fest was in reality a total flop for me – luckily Shaun the sheep The Movie bounded to the rescue, probably the funniest movie of last year!

eulach

3 year old, 7 year old and 45 year old in stitches on the sofa at Shaun the Sheep (series). It has something for everyone.

Nipper99
    Free Member

If you ask me, this was arson! Aye, somebody “arson” around.

mintimperial

A Matter of Loaf and Death is the best of the series.

Nah. Wrong Trousers is better by far on every count. As is Grand Day Out, ropey animation and all. It all started to get ever so slightly lame when they started introducing love interests for Wallace, but I suppose if you want to get Hollywood interested for the big money you need to do that sort of thing. Still great films all, don’t get me wrong, but nothing’s going to touch the first two shorts for me.

I really liked Pirates, too. Properly daft. And Shaun.

CountZero

Shaun the Sheep is hugely popular in the Far East, because there are no translation issues; it’s all in the action and expression, so there’s zero issues with trying to translate English idiom into something like Chinese or Japanese.
    A friend of mine actually owns one of the painted Shaun models which were on display in Bristol and London last year, she won Baa-Roque at the charity auction, which was outside St Paul’s Cathedral. As she gets lots of Japanese visitors to her hotel, he’s likely to prove very popular!

isitafox
    Free Member

I was gutted they weren’t going to do another of the Pirates books because the film didn’t gross enough in America 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

I Met Nick Parks back in about 95 through work (he was looking at motion capture tech at the time), He was a very nice and charming man.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The genius of Wallace and Gromit’ is closed to new replies.