Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • The generosity of the people of this forum
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

And not the last time 😉

vickypea
    Free Member

After my spinal fusion, I got some good support on here, including someone (an anaesthetist I think) who took the trouble to write a load of helpful advice when I was still exhausted 4 months later and my GP had said I should have completely recovered by then.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

I posted a wanted add for a iPhone 4 for my son to use as a camera and iPod.
    I got an offer of a 32gb 5s for £50, by someone who wouldn’t tell me there user name
    Been there done that. Was not an STWer (neither, I doubt, a real Scandinavian!), but a thief cruising our classifieds for those with a guard down.

On the flipside – sterling awesomeness has arrived in others ways via real forum members, and I will back up the OP in a rousing cheer for the good and great.

I don`t know how but I only posted half of what I had typed. I was trying to also say the following

“wysiwyg” replied to my add and sent us a iphone 4 for an amazing price. This price included postage, new apple ear buds, charging cable and a new screen. So much more than we expected and son was delighted. ACE

onehundredthidiot

Mrs100th rode from Newcastle to London in 24hrs a few years ago. STW generosity put a fair bit of cash into the charity buckets.

stavromuller
    Free Member

It’s not just the cash and the stuff, people on here are generous with their knowledge and experience, which is something to be proud of.

sandboy

I’ve not been on here that long but compared to other internet cycling forums, there seems to be a real camaraderie between us and a genuine intent to help and advise others. It is special and long may it continue.

bigdean

I once made a seat post shim for someone on here, free as it’s been a while I made anything thin walled and wasn’t perfect.
    Irony I about to buy the same thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘The generosity of the people of this forum’ is closed to new replies.