• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bgd.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Gap route
  • bgd
    Free Member

Heading up to South Wales visiting family tomorrow and fancy doing some natural riding as well as the usual Brechfa and Afan visits.

Have always heard good things about the Gap route so thought I’d give it a go. Just wondering how it is with all the rain we’ve had lately and any advice on route choice etc would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Gap routes all rock, various aporoaches at lower level but nothing startling. Day at Afan would be more fun.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Probably snowy up there at the mo, if that matters to you.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IdleJon

Probably snowy up there at the mo, if that matters to you.

I know that Swansea is on the coast but down here it’s grey and not particularly cold. I couldn’t see any snow on the mountaintops as I came in to work this morning – has there really been any snow up there?

houndlegs
    Free Member

Well, I was working in Brecon Thursday and the tops were white then, how bad it was though I could’nt tell from the town.

inbred853

There has been snow on Pen-y-Fan all week and more was falling this morning on the high ground, it was sleet down around Storey Arms though.

taxi25
    Free Member

I love the gap, but parts of it are very exposed and it can be very bleak !! unless you’ve got a bright clear day Afan is more fun this time of year.

welshfarmer

Snow line is about 1300 feet at the moment

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I’ll see how the week and the weather goes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Gap route’ is closed to new replies.