Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • THE GAP ROAD – CURRENT CONTITIONS…
  • masmas
    Free Member

Hi all, me and a friend are off to ride the brecon gap road this weekend, has anyone been up there recently that could shed some light on the current condition of the trails?

ta

sam

welshfarmer

Bit wet, bit rocky, but unless weather gets real cold and snowy over next few days you will be fine

mtbguiding
    Free Member

The actual Gap and the Gap Road are too rocky to suffer with weather really unless it’s snowy. If you’re using the Taff Trail approach then it’s all firm surfaces. If you’re going over Bryn Ore then it’ll be soft for a bit where you leave the main track. The riverside BW on the way down to Llanfrynach will be muddy for sure!

masmas
    Free Member

Cheers guys, its looking wet but that sould only add to the fun factor!

Thanks

rob8624
    Free Member

I’m about 15 miles South from it, lots and lots of rain over the last couple of days and getting worse!

welshfarmer

And blowing a hoolie at the moment. Tomorrow is meant to be worse. I would consider postponing till Sunday which looks like being a nice day.

rob8624
    Free Member

Hope you didn’t get too wet! As Welshfarmer said, Sunday was meant to be the good day, but turned into a raging day of wind, rain, lightening and thunder!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘THE GAP ROAD – CURRENT CONTITIONS…’ is closed to new replies.