Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The future of Hit The North. An Update. A U-turn.
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

Yep, sometimes you have to almost lose something to realise how much you love it. Rather like people in fact.

Read all about it here

tthew

Woo hoo! Top man. I reckon HtS will change his mind when the time comes.

nbt

w00t! I'll be there for the next one too! There are at least half a dozen people who've approached me (and I have nothing to do with organising, I just turn up!) about taking over the reins, I'm sure you could get all the support you'd need. Top chap and well done for standing up and saying "I was wrong. We need to do this again."

wors

Good for you, might try and cobble a race bike together now.

brant
    Free Member

Nice one Jase. And utter respect for Andrews decision to walk away too!

I can certainly lean on Hotlines for continued support too.

Drac

Oooh you cheeky bugger this is just like when Heinz said they were stopping making Salad Cream.

mountainposture

Neat. May get chance to ride one now.

terrahawk
    Free Member

thanks all (again) – see you all in Feb.

lowey

Fair play to you mate. Might do a pair with Wors then. 😆

Bunnyhop

How exciting.

terrahawk
    Free Member

For clarity:

Let's start with Little HTN in the winter and see how things go.
    IMO the economic situation had an effect on the last HTN, as it did a number of events. When the big summer behemoth comes back it will be when people are more willing to spend their money.

All I'm saying is don't plan your holidays around the summer 2011 HTN just yet….

nbt

I reckon the year off between 1 and 2 contributed to the lower turnout. The main event needs to be annual. Will mail you tomorrow to put you in touch with the people who were making noises about taking ober 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

'help, assist, aid' or 'take over'?

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Legend.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am glad indeed to hear this. 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I wouldn't mind putting my name forward to help with the organisational side of things. Throwing the idea out there, what about a different venue? Try somewhere else along the M62 corridor? Theres some excellent trails around Mirfield near Huddersfield surrounding a golf course. Mix of BWs and private land we could get permission for? Or Calderdale somewhere?

Whatever, put my name into the hat if you just need another body to help out.

This has brightened up my Wednesday morning! 😆

Put me down as a helper wherever needed.

This has brightened up my Wednesday morning! 😆

Put me down as a helper wherever needed.

binners

Hats of to you fella. It was an absolutely brilliant event. I'd be such a shame if there wasn't another. A lot of us South MAnchester types would be more than happy to try and help out in any way we can

Oh…. except myself and bunnyhop won't be able to help on the day itself, as we'll obviously be defending our 'title':D

ourmaninthenorth

I was thinking about HTN as I rode in this morning.

HTN 1: The mud was so bad I nearly sold my MTB afterwards.

HTN winter 1: I tried riding with undiagnosed asthma, meaning I spent most of it coughing my lungs up.

HTN winter 2: In the top 20 on the first lap, then punctured. Punctured again on lap 3. DNF.

HTN 2: the run caused horrendous spasms in my quads, which meant I couldn't ride my bike at the start and, once I could, I pedalled the first two laps with one leg. I have been using the lift at work for the last 2 days.

And yet, I think this u-turn is a marvellous thing. Bring it on!

peachos
    Free Member

this is good news!

i couldn't make the event just gone by, but was there for both the winter sprinters. came 4th in the first one and was not far off the front in the second one before i was severly hindered by a series of mechanicals, but i probably would have won it otherwise…so basically i have unfinished business with the HTN podium 8)

Harry_the_Spider

Who's going to sort out the land access, insurance, permits etc eh? Who? Thought of that one yet? Pah. 🙄

I was enjoying my retirement too. But you can find somebody else to fall over in the mud with a rucksack full of machetes, penknives and staples.

Arse biscuits.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Insurance – guess you have your contact already but, if it helps, mate of mine has his own insurance business – if the event is to go ahead again and you're happy to let me know what needs covering, and to what extent, i'll gladly run it by him?

Arse biscuits.

– Sorry, wrong thread – you need the 'Where's Dave' thread for that one 😉

Harry_the_Spider

I know how to do it. 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

I know how to do it too (you ring that bloke with the red and white gazebo who lives in that shiny dome with all the dangerous bikes in it and the bloke with the green jumper who hates staples and the bloke in the office inside that concrete building in Bury then fill in all their best forms)…but I won't stand in your way. You knows it.

😉

Harry_the_Spider

I also send maps to Katy with the nice voice.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Yeah, but I go to her office to drop keys off

Harry_the_Spider

I also converse with The Rozzers.

tthew

Good grief, even organisation one upmanship. Please stop, or you'll end up changing your mind(s?) back again 🙄

terrahawk
    Free Member

yeah. F-off Andrew. Stick it up yer foolscap wallet.

😉

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘The future of Hit The North. An Update. A U-turn.’ is closed to new replies.