Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The future of console gaming?
  • duirdh
    Free Member

You didn’t see my edit ^^ I do know far too much about clinical psychology though.

Think the topic went OT as soon as gaming computers were mentioned to be fair.

legend
    Free Member

Nope, it was you two that killed it 😉

bwaarp
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

Sorry, was really taken aback.

duirdh
    Free Member

PS3 Leg! you know it makes sense!

legend
    Free Member

Pfft, Xbox or death, there is no other way

FuzzyWuzzy

I hope the next gen of consoles have keyboard & mouse control factored into them from the start. It’s not just that I have gamepads but they are limiting as well. A big part of gaming in future is surely MMOs and that means chat, voice chat is OK to an extent but hard to control and a nightmare in random/public channels so I can’t see typed chat going away anytime soon. Surely games like WoW2 need to be on consoles, they’re good for the platform as well as the publisher. Gaming PCs cost a fortune and it’s annoying having to keep bits updated (hardware/firmware/drivers) and compatibility issues still happen, consoles would solve that but not if they can’t support a hugely popular gaming genre

Gunz
    Free Member

I am the only gamer that exists in a netherworld about one year behind everyone else?
    In this world all the latest titles cost no more than £20 from Amazon.
    I can’t wait for Halo 4 to come out.

duirdh
    Free Member

No. Gunz
    I recently bought Resistance3, Dues EX, NFS hot pursuit and an older kids dance game for my daughter all for a tenner!
    I refused to buy NFS most wanted until it was £20 as I’d played Burnout paradise to death a few years back and thought it might be far too similar, I was right but there are enough improvements it’s worth buying.

Fuzzy, Just buy a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, mine work fine on the PS3, I still prefer a PS3 controller for gaming though. if you want to play games with a keyboard get a PC

bokonon
    Free Member

This is surely just the “29er’s are just a way of squeezing money out of people” debate writ large?

FuzzyWuzzy

@duirdh – I guess my point was more they need to make a keyboard (and preferably a mouse) integral to the next gen consoles. Sure they’re available as accessories now but most that buy them use them for email and stuff via the console platforms rather than for games. The games that support them don’t have any specific features for them, do any console games support text chat for example?
    As for me – I do use a PC for gaming (tried a PS3 for a few weeks but couldn’t get on it), I’m just saying I wish I could do all my gaming on the next gen of consoles but if the only controller method properly supported is a game pad then I’m out, and so are a whole genre of the most popular and revenue-generating games

duirdh
    Free Member

Yes, most games support chat via keyboard, it’s pretty much all I use mine for. I don’t really like mic/headsets.

Like I said, if you want to play with a keyboard/mouse get a PC and sit at a desk in the smug knowledge you are having a far superior quality gaming experience than chavvy console owners..

Bokonon, don’t forget the fat biking is more fun than mountain biking despite the slower speeds, shite terrain and awkward handling argument?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘The future of console gaming?’ is closed to new replies.