Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The funniest occurence whilst riding
  • 10pmix
    Free Member

7.30am Sunday ride in the Surrey Hills a couple of years back and came across a man walking on the trail decked out with nothing but stout walking boots, trekking poles, large rucksack and a silk g-string. I mustered all my courage and managed to say 'good morning' with a completely straight face.

kimbers

couple of month ago in the brecons

got to the top and started to ride down over the snowfields slowly at first but then as we realised teh snow was very hard we got faster and faster

1st man is doing fine but number 2 suddenly looses his front wheel in a drift and gets ejected through the air which i found most amusing
    i think musnt do that so finger the brakes, forward weight shift is enough to break through the crust of snow and i do the same as im tumbling upside down i can see the guy behind me doing the same

everyone else manages to stop without going otb but are all doubled up with laughter, the red socks coming up the hill give them all stern looks for wetting themselves while their friends tumbled down the mountainside

eckinspain
    Free Member

trail-rat, where's that?!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Back sometime in the nineties I was riding with a couple of mates and as I neared the crest of a gentle 'up' I was sure I could hear bagpipes. I got to the top and found myself 50 yards from a lone piper in T-shirt and shorts striding along the Hampshire cliff tops playing as he went.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Whilst out doing some riding in the Harz mountains in Germany we were tearing down some singletrack when suddenly around the corner we were confronted by a huge moon. It was in fact some fat elderly German lady squatting in the middle of the track taking a leak. She jumped up with fright and wet herself I think.

Riding with the same friend this time last year in Jena we were rocking the singletrack there when suddenly we approached a slight rise with a dip behind followed by another rise. On the one side is a rock face on the other a thirty metre drop. Anyway my friend, who was in front, hit the lip of the drop and jumped into the down slope only to find a family picnicking in the hollow. He practically landed right on the cloth sending all the sausages and bread rolls flying. I unfortunately was able to brake in time and suffered the full recriminations of the family whilst my friend had buggered off down the trail!

thomthumb
    Free Member

lone piper in T-shirt and shorts striding along the Hampshire cliff tops

how strange i heard bagpipes in the new forest last weekend!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

quick local nightride a month or two back on the CX bike. thin muddy trail, my mate had disappeared off the front.
    i'm bimbling along, minding my own business when i hear this thundering rumble as a badger pops round a corner running full pelt at me down the trail.

the trail itself follows a burn to the side – no way was i going in there… i let out a bloodywhatthehellaaagh, scared the shit out of me.

clearly i did to, as it veered off to the side just before it hit me – falling into the burn as it did so. hope it didn't drown!

trail_rat
    Free Member

between mavora lakes and the earnslaw steamer in NZ

pault41
    Free Member

Earlier in Feb first nice clear day over by Strata-Florida in west wales ,out in the mountains ,thought thats a loud tractor ,glanced right and on eye leval with a "HERCULES" could of waved to the pilot if i,d been quick enough ,then the true sound became apparent and followed by couple of jets then totally riping our ear drums out ,didn't have video camera on handlebars that day or wud have been a cracker of a shot . 😆

mike_check
    Free Member

Mostly Balanced – Member

Back sometime in the nineties I was riding with a couple of mates and as I neared the crest of a gentle 'up' I was sure I could hear bagpipes. I got to the top and found myself 50 yards from a lone piper in T-shirt and shorts striding along the Hampshire cliff tops playing as he went.

There used to be a bagpiper up Cannock Chase on a Sunday morning years ago! Luckily this was when I was too young to be nursing a self induced evil headache on the Sunday mornings!

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Some friends and I were waiting for a friend to catch up whilst out on the Mendips when another group of cyclists came past. We were stood next to a small puddle that all the riders rode past – except one!
    As he rode through it he suddenly ejected over the handlebars and onto a heap in front of us – we couldn't stop laughing – nor could the group that he was with. Why he went over the bars nobody knew but it was pure comedy.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘The funniest occurence whilst riding’ is closed to new replies.