Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The French Connection
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Just watching it now (recorded). The car / train chase sequence – awesome. Up there with the chase from Ronin.

donsimon
    Free Member

And almost as good as anything in Transporter…

jon1973
    Free Member

I forgot about the Transporter

donsimon
    Free Member

They say the car chase in Bullit is one of the best, but the same VW Beetle is passed, like, 5 or 6 times. 🙄
    Too Fast, Too Furious has some top driving too…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Need for Speed Carbon!! 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Bourne Supremacy with the mini is still a classic, esp with the music.

And Ronin is still No. 1

TuckerUK
    Free Member

As an ex Post Production bod (Technicolor), Bullit is OK, apart from the many speeded up sequences (despite what Steve McQueen says).

‘They’ say that in French Connection, the car chase was done on open roads wihout permission from the Police.

Too Fast, Too Furious is just pathetic, too many errors to list (not to mention silly added on sounds).

Ronin is another gem.

jon1973
    Free Member

Need for Speed Carbon!!

Actually, yes. It has to be some of my driving in NFS Hot Pursuit 8)

jon1973
    Free Member

‘They’ say that in French Connection, the car chase was done on open roads wihout permission from the Police

I’d love to believe that, but I just can’t see how it’s possible.

donsimon
    Free Member

‘They’ say that in French Connection, the car chase was done on open roads wihout permission from the Police.

‘They?’ being the drector on the DVD, no?
    As an Ex-Post Production bod, how many time do we see the Beetle? Low budget, one chance to shoot, roads closed for half an hour and NO computers. Sound on this movie is a bit iffy too. It’s still cool though.

jon1973
    Free Member

I think that adds to the charm of a film sometimes. Refreshing to see an old film like this sometimes, where 90% of the cars in a chase aren’t CGI.

Been through a patch of watching old films on DVDs lately, which you can pick up for next to nothing. Saw Midnight Cowboy the other night, no expectations at all, slightly depressing to put in mildly.

donsimon
    Free Member

Go for the original Italian Job, classic car chase.

totalshell

that ll be the italian job in which when the sports cars are chucked down the mountain by the mafia the engines have been taken out.. and bennny hill should have had an oscar for that film..

jon1973
    Free Member

yeah, seen the Italian job many times. Great film. One of the best endings ever. “Hold on lads, I’ve got an idea.”

samuri
    Free Member

They say the car chase in Bullit is one of the best, but the same VW Beetle is passed, like, 5 or 6 times.

Nah. The original gone in sixty seconds.

Lifer
    Free Member

Vanishing Point

kimbers

ill get flamed for this but on the whole car chases are a bit silly
    the ones on police camera action are far less cool and often quite dull
    a car chase for me is a bit like an extended drum solo, ie a good time to go for a piss and get a beer
    while im at it i think the italian job is crap, just a ridiculous film,

get carter is where its at

donsimon
    Free Member

While Get Carter is a good film it doesn’t have a place on a car chase thead. But thanks.
    Perhaps you’d like to start a “throwing fat biftas off a car park roof” thread.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Lelouch Rendezvous – Needs sound

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO8gMXrrESk[/video]

Lifer
    Free Member

Driven in an automatic Merc and overdubbed with Ferrari noises unfortunately. Great piece of camera/dubbing trickery though.

kiwijohn

Goodbye pork Pie.

seahouse
    Free Member

Bullet FTW

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Driven in an automatic Merc and overdubbed with Ferrari noises unfortunately. Great piece of camera/dubbing trickery though.

Ah, so do we finally know now?

white101

can’t remember what its called but I saw a french film with a cracking car chase with some Pug 406 I’m sure

backhander
    Free Member

Taxi? That was a good one.
    No mention of the blues brothers?

z1ppy

white101 – Member
    can’t remember what its called but I saw a french film with a cracking car chase with some Pug 406 I’m sure

Yss the original french (english subtitled) Taxi, I will not dignify the american remake by even bother to watch it, great film, great ‘fun’ car chase if you ignore the “M249 SAW” missing every shot.

Not been impressed by Ronin, or the Bullit chases.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘The French Connection’ is closed to new replies.