Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Forum Comedian
  • SaxonRider

I want to comment on the posts of perchypanther, but am afraid that, if people take too much notice of him, he will feel the pressure and lose his mojo.

In any case, I thought this – from a thread about Scalextrix magnets – was genius and couldn’t let it pass:

perchypanther – Member

“Do magnets lose their magnetism over time?”

Probably.
    I lost mine when my hair fell out, my eyesight failed and I put on a few stone.

😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

Thank you, it’s always nice to be appreciated.

No pressure and no mojo.

Not trying to make anyone laugh other than myself.

The life of a quantity surveyor is not an exciting one i’m afraid. Need to make the day pass more quickly somehow.

drlex
    Free Member

I chuckled.

But seriously, how *do* they work? It’s magic, I tell you!

Kahurangi

The quintessential thing* about a troll account or a comedy account or persona is irrevocably lost when you go so far as to ‘out’ said person in public.

Case in point – was a forum regular who was outed a few months back. The next few weeks were spent with anything pithy getting a “nice one, xxxx” and a few quips that missed their mark, for want to trying to hard and being under a bit too much scrutiny.

*verve, raison d’etre,

bigblackshed

This made me properly laugh out loud, rather than a snigger or wry smile. From the “I’m more middle class than you” thread in reply to Boothes.

thestabiliser – Member
    CFH – Yeah, it’s like fortnums but you can buy racing pigeons and spinning jennies in there

GrahamS

But seriously, how *do* they work? It’s magic, I tell you!

Miracles innit?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs[/video]

Recognise!

perchypanther
    Free Member

a troll account or a comedy account or persona

‘m not any of these things as far as I am aware. Just a guy who came for the bike and stayed for the banter.

The Forum Comedian

Can’t lay claim to this title either.
    Not the funniest person on here by a long shot. Just can’t get excited about technical bike chat or arguments. Only leaves the more light hearted stuff or genuine requests for advice / help / info, both of which i’ll chip into when required if i’m able.

Have offered genuine advice in the last 24 hours on such diverse topics as folding roofboxes, classical guitar repair and abseiling to install pigeon spikes…… and that diversity of topics is what keeps me coming back and, I suspect, many others.

fasthaggis

clicks on perchypanthers’s member

perchypanther
    Free Member

clicks on perchypanthers’s member

Buy me a drink first, i’m not a slut.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Forum Comedian’ is closed to new replies.