Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The font of knowledge please read..Photographs and Old MX Bikes.
  • sharki
    Free Member

Along my most random path of life, i have now come across boxes of old books, mostly Rugby and Motorcross related.

One Box contained hundreds of archived photo’s, of MX and scramble action pics from the late 1940’s- 1970’s.
    More rummaging followed by a google search for the name of a person that’s name was on several of the full scat folders there, revealed that the Photo’s are from this book http://www.realclassic.co.uk/books/books04012800.html.

Paperwork suggests they were listed and sorted for a reprint.

Question is. What do i do with them? Would like to make sure they fall into good hands, most are copyright stamped on the backs.

The riders names are written on the backs, alonside the bike details, etc.

This seems a very important and special collection of black and white photo’s, write now i’m enjoying just looking through them all.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Sign up to mxtrax.co.uk and go to the vintage/evo forum. A lot of passionate vintage mx enthusiasts/ex-pros/organisers who will be able to advise the best thing todo with them.

sharki
    Free Member

Cheers chap, i’ll get onto that.

Now, how about a getting rid of a 1930’s Ruston Hornsby AP engine in show condition and mounted on a trailer.

Or even a belt driven 3ft saw bench from the 50’s in rusty condition.

😉

8 traditional Oak Barrels, all water tight and around a dozen 260 gal containers.

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

i have now come across boxes of old books, mostly Rugby

You have my interest.

🙂

8 traditional Oak Barrels, all water tight and around a dozen 260 gal containers.

What have they been used for thus far? Know someone who might be interested……

sharki
    Free Member

I’ll have a bigger rummage through them all tomorrow once the apples are pressed and bottled 😉
    I appear to have come across a collection of books owned by a Journalist and Author. Several articles, brochures, and stuff from Rugby teams in the uk, including things from the Barbarians 20 or so years ago. It’s going to be fun looking through it all. I’ll post up here what i find.

To be honest, i’ve a home for all the barrels now, one contains cider, the others sulphate water having only previously been used for brandy(i think) I’ll know more next week.

Plenty of wooden taps here too, those i may be able to let a few go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The font of knowledge please read..Photographs and Old MX Bikes.’ is closed to new replies.