Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Flu Jab, for coughs& colds?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Now I’m generally a pretty fit well fellow..for my age. Never had a health issue (much) all my life.

However I get a lot of chest infections, about three a year. And heavy colds, perhaps every two months. I always have done.
    I don’t know my father, so I have no history there, but my Grandad died from a chest infection. Everyone always say’s I’ve got his chest.

Today someone suggested a flu jab?

CountZero

Flu and colds are different things, and both are viral, whereas chest infections are bacterial, and treated with antibiotics.

vickypea
    Free Member

The flu jab helps protect you against whatever is the predominant flu virus circulating that year, and won’t protect you from colds, which are different to the flu virus and numerous different cold viruses are generally in circulation.

grantway
    Free Member

Had the Flue jab years back to have an hour off of work
    it cost me three days pay. Never been so rough.

Also stay off the Red meat as contains to many antibiotics

Drac

You didn’t get ill from the jab you caught something else.

grantway
    Free Member

Oh yeah thats why nearly half the company phoned in with the same symptoms ?

Drac

Well of course it is, viruses spread around a small community that’s why kids come with colds and D&V can take out half a class or even entire hospital ward.

There’s no active virus in a the flu jab so how are you supposed to catch something from that?

jam-bo

Oh yeah thats why nearly half the company phoned in with the same symptoms ?

Who was administering? Typhoid Mary?

scaredypants

it’s really quite common to get a mild version of systemic inflammatory response after pretty much any vaccine, live or inactivated.

Several days off after a flu jab, however, is card-carrying pansy territory

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Flu Jab, for coughs& colds?’ is closed to new replies.