Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 667 total)
  • The First STW Religion Poll
  • xico
    Free Member

princehuggy
    Free Member

1. practising

I’ve noticed that the only other 1 is the OP.

Psalms 118:18 Open my eyes so that I may see clearly The wonderful things from your law.

willard

4 or 5 depending on how angry I am.

bungle

5, Scotroutes nailed it

michaelbowden

3 ranging to 5.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Four or five here too, so 4.5?

bigblackshed

Cougar’s 6. ish.

Still not quite right but getting there.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member

Against all logic and not as a result of my upbringing.

Rather, it’s because I choose to and I get something from it.
    Inexplicably, it fills a hole in my being that would otherwise be empty.

“Hole”?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I won’t be a hypocrite, I got Married in Church, and had our Daughter Christened there last summer. I get on pretty well with the Vicar, but I only go for Wedding and Funerals.

thenorthwind

4, unless riled, in which case 5

perchypanther
    Free Member

“Hole”?

Void….empty space…NOT orifice 😀

Church of Scotland, Not Catholic!

v8ninety

3/4/5

I was going to explain why, but cougar has done so far more eloquently than I could… Ta for that!

mefty
    Free Member

None of the above, although I do attend church at least twice a month and sit on a few local church committees. I do this because I understand the importance of the CofE to the fabric of our nation and therefore am keen to support it at a time when it is subject to misinformed criticism.

Onzadog
    Free Member

4 if you keep it to yourself.
    5 if you start prattling on about it.

molgrips
    Free Member

SaxonRider, there’s a research paper in here somewhere. STW is clearly some demographic that is more hostile to religion…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

5. I don’t see why I should tolerate the effect of religion. If others want to believe and practice it then fine, I respect your right, but do so in your own time with no impact on me or my life. Religion should be relegated to the same status as a hobby, I disagree with people having dispensations against normal rules of the land on the basis of religion and because some old bearded fool once decreed something hundreds of years ago, like not having to wear motorbike helmets, tolerating sexual discrimination, practicing barbaric law system, being able to carry lethal weapons, allowing cruelty to animals etc. Religion has been the cause/justification of some of the most henous acts ever performed by mankind and imparting misery on millions of people over thoysands of years, we just need to take that excuse and justification away. There, I said it!

cdoc
    Free Member

STW is clearly some demographic that is more hostile to religion…

It’s hard to be open to the notion of a benevolent deity watching over us when the bald spot starts showing through..

yunki
    Free Member

in the past 4 and then latterly 5 but have come to realise that to have an ill-informed egocentric opinion on another person’s belief system is pretty childish at best

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sshhh, that upsets folk on here mol dont forget – best kept unsaid

Coyote
    Free Member

In spritual terms, agnostic. I believe that there is “something” I don’t know what it is.

When it comes to religions, then probably 5. They are largely mysoginistic organisations created by men to control other men and women.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Spiritual but not religious

I enjoy the practice of meditation/buddhism and some druid/pagan festivals but i do not believe anything made us or there is a purpose.

Probably a 5 but if they left me alone/crated a truly secular society then i would shut up

Sshhh, that upsets folk on here mol dont forget – best kept unsaid

This perception upsets no one more than you who complains,openly to Cougar on each religious thread, that really is the least self aware and funniest things I have read on here for a while as you are the”upset one” not anyone else.

It gets the same respect as vegans do on a vegan thread or cyclists on a two abreast thread etc.

deadkenny
    Free Member

In a more serious answer.

3. in that I find some religions fascinating, mostly those more based on a way of living than a fictional being. Though I never would follow anything that dictates the way you live your life, but some have decent ways of living life that you could adopt without actually signing up.

Also interested in that I love films like Last Temptation of Christ. I mean, Scorsese, Harvey Keitel, David Bowie! 😀

I can’t say 5 as I don’t hate all religions. I have respect for people who have faith or belief enough that keeps them happy in life and can die happy, even if I may not believe it myself.

Though a world without religion would at least be one without religious wars, and that’s probably the majority of wars we’ve had over history. Then again, are they just an excuse to fight. Without religion we’d find something else to fight about.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

…want to take the buddhist path, but dont know how.

v8ninety

Ho! For Junkie’s word is the TRUTH! And we will know when Junkie spaketh the truth for the fire and damnation from THM and Jambalaya will fall with great ferocity.

(So now we need to write books about him and then reinterpret what he said so that it bears absolutely no resemblance to his original teachings, okay?)

Cougar

…want to take the buddhist path, but dont know how.

Pop down to your local pizza shop. They’ll be happy to make you one with everything.

Cougar

For Junkie’s word is the TRUTH!

You might have a point there. Most statues and paintings I’ve seen of the messiah look far more like Junkyard than they do to any bloke who was likely to be wandering around the middle east 2,000-odd years ago.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Will I get statutes made in my likeness?

EDIT: Corss post but its a fair point

Binners can be Buddha then 😉

Cougar

Binners can be Buddha then

He’s a poor copy TBH. More like, I Can’t Believe He’s Not Buddha.

khani
    Free Member

He preys in the direction of Gregs..

cchris2lou

2 and 4

Raised as a Catholic but never really went to chuch.
    Not at all interested now.

kayla1
    Free Member

I couldn’t give two hoots about religion normally but my gears start to grind when I hear it being promoted as ‘a good thing’- you can waste your time however the **** you like in the comfort and safety of your own home/church/satanic pit of depravity but don’t you dare try to foist your beliefs on my and mine.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Time we all moved on.

Harris
    Free Member

Ginger
    Free Member

richc
    Free Member

I was 4 going on 5 at times, but the older I get (I’m not old though) I’ve moved to a 1. because to me, now I’ve grown up a bit it makes sense (somehow)

Cougar

Binners can be Buddha then

No, wait.

He’s clearly a Pastiefarian.

taxi25
    Free Member

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve fluctuated between 1 and 2 all my life. For several years on the recent past I was a 1.
    At the moment it’s between 1 and 2.

slowoldman

4 but 5 if someone gets preachy/uses it to justify acts against some other group.

Quite definitely atheist.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 667 total)

The topic ‘The First STW Religion Poll’ is closed to new replies.