Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The first 29er I've actually wanted to own…
  • nicko74

V nice. The Lefty is just the icing on a very sexy cake…

tang
    Free Member

My friend built that and I’ve had a go! Light (21lbs ish) and quick. Build is light xx1/Reynolds Carbon/tune wheels/syntace. The custom 953 lug is beautiful and the fluting to the down tube is ace. He is now Reynolds test welder.

nikk
    Free Member

Has a lot of top tube / testicle interface possibilities, that’s for sure.

mboy
    Free Member

Saw it at Bespoked in Bristol earlier this year. As impressive as the level of detail to construction is, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. For me it’d need to lose the Merlin Newsboy styling, and the overly long head tube, but then if we all liked the same things, wouldn’t life be boring!

parkesie
    Free Member

All the best bikes have lefties and that is a particularly nice bike.

rickon
    Free Member

Ergh.

Could have at least cleaned the tyres too.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Meh.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Pretty fugly imo…

qwerty
    Free Member

Ted James build i believe.

tang
    Free Member

It’s a custom order and an exercise in what is possible with 953. Reynolds were seriously impressed, hence he has got the test gig. I am considering a frame from him, bit more conventional. Ted James can ride very very well, used to be sponsored by charge.
    I’ve got a few pics, check the luggage
    [/url] Ted James’s workshop by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]

emac65
    Free Member

Urgh,different don’t mean it’s nice……………..imho… 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

Beautiful build and design but a little to faff’ish if you ask me.. Nothing wrong with building with passion and art, but to add stuff when it doesn’t need it is just frill.
    I can imagine the quality of build is exceptional though, artists are artists, something one day I would like to own.
    I too love lefties.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The first 29er I've actually wanted to own…’ is closed to new replies.