Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The Fighter
  • johndoh
    Free Member

What a good film. Didn’t think Bale had it in him.

deluded
    Free Member

Agreed – great film.

Didn’t think Bale had it in him.

Have you not seen The Machinist?

Ceebug
    Free Member

Great film. When you see the real guys right at the end you realise how amazing Bale is. I didn’t think Marky Mark had it in him.

CaptJon
    Free Member

If you enjoyed that you’ll probably like Warrior too.

johndoh
    Free Member

Have you not seen The Machinist?
    POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

No – been a bit out if the film loop in the last few years due to kids. Every other film I’d seen him in was just Bale being Bale. He reminded me of Spud from Trainspotting in The Fighter.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Saw it when it was on Channel 4 a few weeks back. I’d not even heard of it but thought it was amazing. I was even cheering out loud in some of the fight scenes. Loved it

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah I recorded it from that broadcast – only just got to watch it 🙂

Del

me too tortoise. haven’t enjoyed a boxing film as much since rocky, and it makes that look amateurish. very good indeed.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah, I enjoyed The Fighter. Always keep an eye out for Christian Bale since American Psycho. He’s proper intense in The Machinist and did a good screw-up in Harsh Times. I think he gets knocked cos he’s a bit of a primadonna.

wrecker
    Free Member

Go check out the real ward/gatti fights. Some of the most brutal and entertaining boxing matches I’ve ever seen.

stanfree
    Free Member

Agree great film , but still think ‘The Warrior’ is better.

nealglover
    Free Member

Go check out the real ward/gatti fights. Some of the most brutal and entertaining boxing matches I’ve ever seen.

+1

This is an amazing round !!

DezB
    Free Member

+1 Ward v Gatti
    and Ward v Shea Neary, which was the big featured fight in the movie. We all thought Ward was a has been when he came over to fight “the next big thing” Neary, but man, Mickey Ward was so tough.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Bale is brilliant! also he’s in batman remember! plus his training regimes are brutual especially when you read about how much weight he lost for The Machinist. Cracking actor.

johndoh
    Free Member

also he’s in batman remember!

Which is probably the single reason I cannot bear him.

southbeds
    Free Member

THE EMPIRE OF THE SUN,is first film i think

Kevevs
    Free Member

amazing method acting for that, not only did he shrink for the part he also got 30 odd years younger.

nealglover
    Free Member

Love empire of the sun. Brilliant film.

FuzzyWuzzy

Bale’s a good actor, he has a bit of a Hugo Weaving-esque delivery at times but he can actually act.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I read he only ate 1 tin of tuna a day for The Machinist. I might have read that on the Internet though..

philconsequence
    Free Member

i read 1 apple and lots of cigarettes.

warton
    Free Member

I think Bale is an incredible actor. He’s very believable in the fighter, and quality in American Psycho and the Machinist…

DezB
    Free Member

I think The Machinist is the most boring film I’ve ever tried to watch. It’s only interesting for how skinny Bale is.

letmetalktomark

Agreed on the Figher comments above – really quite engaging.

I really like Bale in most films. Batman is the exception. What poop.

Kevevs – Member

I read he only ate 1 tin of tuna a day for The Machinist. I might have read that on the Internet though..

I always thought he said it was an apple, whiskey and cigarettes diet!

johndoh
    Free Member

Batman is the exception. What poop.

I have to agree. That and the gossip about him being a Prima Dona on set and in interviews.

Perhaps my recent lack of quality fim-time is showing and I need to hunt out some of his other films (I did like American Psycho to be fair)

johndoh
    Free Member

And what odds he gets cast in the film of that Chick-skin-flick 50 Shades?

Kevevs
    Free Member

so who’s going to try the iBale diet then? I’ll have to take up cigarettes. I can’t see him agreeing to 50 Shades what with all his Batman Actoring integrity and all 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘The Fighter’ is closed to new replies.