Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • The favorite part of your bike?
  • somafunk

On one of them it’s the bottle opener incorporated into the lower brake mount,

On another is my original 1994 TI Hope Rear Hub, still going strong after a conservative estimate of 70,000 miles use, just visible in this pic.

On another it’s the carbon fibre mavic slr front hub

On another it’s the overall “just right” look and stance of the bike – Charge Plug fixed

On another it’s a set of original 1994 Middleburn square taper cranks taken off the same bike that runs the Hope Ti hub above that have done near enough the same mileage.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Bars. I hold on and make whooshing noises pretending to ride it.

firestarter
    Free Member

My rohloff

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattk
    Free Member

WI freewheel, I just love the noise

pastcaring
    Free Member

boltless top cap

fd3chris
    Free Member

My CB iodine wheels, they look so bling 🙂

Dales_rider
    Free Member

fattyre500
    Free Member

The Surly constrictor seatpost clamp on my Orange which is a clever design with a hoofing great big allen bolt.It’s not a fancy color or in anyway visually lovely but no matter how long i bounce around on the saddle with my great lardy arse the seatpost stays at the correct height and for that reason alone I LOVE IT.

jim600
    Free Member

The “slot machine” (apart from when it fills up with mud) – The bike travels alot and I wouldnt want to go back to trying to fit a full hardtail frame in bags/suitcases.

bish

WI Freewheel, and Surly tugnut

Untitled by Bish83, on Flickr
    Other bike, dunno really reverb or hope hub i guess.

belugabob
    Free Member

Not a component, really, but my favourite part is when my mates have all turned up and we set off for a ride.
    Doesn’t matter when or where – I just know that we’re going to have fun on our bikes, guaranteed!

Merak

^ Thats a nice sentiment.

belugabob
    Free Member

It’s from the heart – they (sussexmuddyarse.wordpress.com) are a fantastic bunch of guys & gals, who welcome anybody who wants to tag along.
    Slower riders (usually me) are always waited for, and nobody is made fun of (well, not until they’ve been on few rides 😉 )

Thanks folks – you definitely make slogging up hills more enjoyable.

LardLover
    Free Member

13thfloormonk

It was the 2.4″ Continental Trail King (Canadian for Rubber Queen..) tyres. They did exactly what I wanted of them (gripped better, punctured less, still climbed well) and looked suitably big and agricultural.

Then some scumbags came and nicked the bike, leaving one wheel behind, so I still have one tyre sitting in the spare room taunting me. I should hang it round my neck as a sort of reminder not to spend any unnecessary pennies until I can afford a new bike to go with it… 😥

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Currently its the buzz the i9 freewheel makes quickly followed by the instant take up when you start peddling again. Shouldn’t like coasting but the noise is addictive.

messiah
    Free Member

Year of the Reverb.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘The favorite part of your bike?’ is closed to new replies.