Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The fastest way to get in shape is?
  • menothim
    Free Member

Yes, yes. Move more, eat less.

Now, with that out of the way, what's the STW collective wisdom on the fastest, least time consuming way to build excellent all round fitness?

I'm thinking old-fashioned, backstreet boxing gym – any advance on that?

basehead
    Free Member

http://www.crossfit.com

Glorified circuit training but at least it acts as a good template.

menothim
    Free Member

Was thinking of that – but not disciplined enough to do it on my own and no affiliates near me 🙁

Agree it looks very interesting.

roper
    Free Member

Under the knife.
    Well maybe not actual fitness but you would look fit.
    Well maybe not actually look fit but pop culture fit.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I used to do a thing called Boxercise which was circuit training mixed with the occasional boxing gloves and pads. Strength and stamina in a single session. Very good indeed.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

How about boxercycle? Could even be a competitive sport…Ride through your town centre at full speed punching random chavs…..bonus points awarded for accuracy, style and knockouts, anyone up for a game?

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

I was in the best shape of my life whilst riding a couple of hundred miles a week on the road bike, and basketball training/playing minimum 6 hours a week. All over strength, muscle tone, cardio as well.

Personally, I think doing 'something you enjoy that happens to get you in shape' will work a lot better than 'doing something to get in shape'.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I think the time consuming bit is going to play it's part. Can probably develop specific muscle groups for strength fairly efficiently (100 press-ups a day kind of thing) but overall fitness I think will take more time. Throwing in commuting on the bike seems to be helping me and at least some of the time I would have been in a car anyway, besides, the time you invest now will hopefully get paid back with a longer more active later life 🙂
    I can see the t-shirt now "I cycle so I can be a burdon to my children."

highclimber
    Free Member

Furious masturbation

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was at my fittest ever when the only time I was off the bike was when I was doing martial arts. That was some time ago now though.

yunki
    Free Member

join the Royal Marines

EDIT: this may be time consuming

basehead
    Free Member

Aye, I can vouch for its effectiveness but it does take a lot of self discipline.

For all round fitness you want something that mixes intensity levels, martial arts as above is a great suggestion! I happened to have been studying martial arts in the years before I started Crossfit and I reckon it gave me a great base.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I was at my very fittest when I worked for the RAF and did proper boxing training (including circuits) twice weekly, followed by 45 minutes of skipping or running.
    Oh, and other gym work on the days in between.

ojom
    Free Member

You need to see this man

tomzo
    Free Member

Nah, you need this guy

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Boxing is VERY good. Taught kickboxing for a while – that's even better.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I do something called BodyAttack which is pretty good, improves the balance and coordination too. Sandwich it in between circuits and a spin class and you're away.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The fastest way to get in shape is?’ is closed to new replies.