Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The Fall
  • huws
    Free Member

Where’s does one start? I’m staring at The Fall back catalogue on spotify and it’s a little bit daunting.

peterfile
    Free Member

Thought you were talking about the (very good) movie of the same name.

It’s spotify, just get it all 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

How about this compilation –

Then I’d say Hex Induction Hour and Shift-Work are my favourite. But I’m sure every Fall fan would have different ones!

huws
    Free Member

There’s 56 albums!

arrpee
    Free Member

“The Real New Fall LP” from 2003 is as good a place as any and pretty accessible.

“Theme from Sparta F.C.” is a highlight.

DezB
    Free Member

All the classics are on 50,000 Fall Fans…

huws
    Free Member

Dez B, that’s the one I was I looking for but it’s not there, i own it on CD somewhere but never got around to investigating much further.

I generally prefer actual albums over compilations but given the scale of the back catalogue I’ll go for any way in this time.

LapSteel
    Free Member

This Nations Saving Grace was one of my favourites

bob_summers

TBH I have a lot of Fall albums (not 56 though!) and the compilation is what I play 9 times out of 10 unless I’m hankering for something specific.

davidjey
    Free Member

50000 Fall Fans is the best place to start – if you like that build up to the John Peel box set and branch out into albums based on what you enjoy from that!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

56 albums? 😯

I knew there were a few, but that’s ridiculous.

messiah
    Free Member

I love this compilation… I

“Leave The Capitol” is my favourite track 8)

huws
    Free Member

That’s just the ones on spotify. Wikipedia says there are 30 studio albums, 30 live albums, 35 compilations, 9 EPs and 2 spoken word albums. Prolific.

Finally found the real new fall LP. I shall report back.

huws
    Free Member

The real new Fall LP/Country on the click is very good. Goes a little bit New Fast Automatic Daffodils at the end, which is no bad thing. Thanks for the recommendation.

On to the Rough Trade Anthology now.

DezB
    Free Member

Apparently there are 37 Fall compilations!

rotten
    Free Member

I find that every Fall album gets better with each listen. The latest one is a cracker. William Wray, Jetplane and Loadstones being the stand out tracks for me.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Personally, I think Extricate, Kurious Oranj and Bend Sinister are the most accessible albums. By Fall standards, so YMMV. Wildly. Dive in and enjoy. I’m a bit jealous of you, in fact.

drdjpower

Lots to enjoy in the suggestions made so far.

I agree with Hex Enduction Hour and The Real New Fall LP (Formerly Country on the Click), and would humbly add Fall Heads Roll, and their latest RE-MIT. I’m not a fast learner, but it too me a looong time to work out how wonderful they are.

markrh
    Free Member

fall heads will roll,grotesque, this nations saving grace, i dunno, so much to go at, i’ve only scratched the surface myself in seven years i’ve been into them/him :D.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘The Fall’ is closed to new replies.