Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • The fairer sexes attitude to facial hair
  • binners

This week, just for the novelty, I’ve decided to experiment with facial hair. Just to see what my head would look like if I put it on upside down, really. Its a bloke thing, isn’t it? You do it from time to time because…. well… just because you can.

Its not gone down well. At all. In fact I can feel the hatred being directed in the general direction of my newly profuse plumage. Actually… I don’t have to just feel it, its been clearly vocalised. Repeatedly.

So… how many of you lot are sporting elaborate mustaches, Bradley-esque buggers grips, or santa-a-like facial profusions? And what have you found the general reaction to it is? Do all women loath it?

And I’d be interested to hear the opinion of the STW ladies on the subject. Why the contempt?

philconsequence
    Free Member

spikey on the laydeez faces when sucking the air out their lungs or ‘kissing’ as i’ve heard some namby pamby girlyboys calling it.

its either got to be clean shaven, or long enough not to be spikey apparently.

Pigface
    Free Member

My missus likes beards 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

*in STW fashion, ignores OP, comments on Title*

most of them dont seem to notice they have it, but if you dare to point out the ones with ‘tashes, they get really uppity.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“sex’s”

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t really notice, I’ve had mine for so long.
    I know Philconsqinchoiulous likes em though 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i do have a thing for your sideboards debz 😀

i’ve managed to slowly trim mine so its no longer than a grade one all over at any point, mrsconsequence isn’t happy but has gotten used to it

CheesybeanZ

as a long standing slap head its the only thing i can change , it goes from full winter cover to trimmed n shaped to goatee . MrsbeanZ prefers me with a short neat beard .

neil853
    Free Member

my ex hated beards, small trimmed ones were ok but not beards, so when when we split up immediately grew a massive beard 🙂

To be honest the novelty wears off after a bit, they become itchy and food gets stuck ha ha

But I don’t think you know yourself as a man unless you’ve grown a massive beard 🙂

treaclesponge
    Free Member

My SO wasnt keen, but Im pretty hairy in general and shes gotten used to it and now likes the whole beard thing.

IHN

MrsbeanZ prefers me with a short neat beard .

She prefers me clean shaven. And I ain’t talking about my chin 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I maintain a constant ‘slightly longer than stubbly look’ which she likes. She has said no to a god beard though.

boxfish
    Free Member

I am bearded. I once shaved it off, and was promptly asked to grow it back.

I don’t think she likes my face.

Haze

I shave regular but she prefers me unshaven for a few days, generally starts complaining just as I’m beginning to get into it.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’m forever ‘tweeking’ my facial hair. I’ve had full grown beard, goatee and most recently the Johnny Depp style faint moustache and chin hair (sadly without looking anything like Mr Depp much to my wife’s disappointment).

almightydutch
    Free Member

The mrs doesnt like me being clean shaven and if its too long it doesnt give the appropriate ‘roughness’ coz it goes all soft and tickly.

deluded
    Free Member

My wife hates it if my stubble evolves into a beard … really, really dislikes it.

My mates love it, cause they can then take the pi55, saying I look like Michael Evis or Henry VIII.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I get the angry glares as soon as it reaches the ‘scratchy’ stage.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Who gives a **** what the fairer sex thinks? That sort of behaviour and thinking sounds really gay to me.

whoopiegoldbars
    Free Member

Full beard. Missus hates it if I shave or trim it too short. Even the women at work said I look better with a beard.

I suspect boxfish has hit the nail on the head – women must really not like my face..

binners

Ok Yeti. Fair enough. I’ll rephrase it. Does your boyfriend like your beard? 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

No he hates her.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

You do it from time to time because…. well… just because you can.

Not me. 35 years old and don’t seem to have passed puberty yet. Which could explain why I act like a 12 year old most of the time.

I’d kill to be able to grow proper Elvis sideburns…

passtherizla
    Free Member

My better half says I look 12 when I shave… she doesn’t like my naked face. 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i look 12 even with a beard…. as frustrating as that is now, i’ll be thankful when i get to deadlydarcy’s age and look better than he does.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I’m never clean shaven. A trim with a beard trimmer on a low setting once a week and that’s it.

Missus prefers the rough look.

binners

You need to get on with it Philly. So far Bravissimo hasn’t had much competition …

*swoons*

philconsequence
    Free Member

no matter how hard i try i can only grow older at the same rate as him… good thing is that as i get sexier and sexier, he gets greyer and closer to being a dad. when he becomes a dad i fully expect him to put on 5 stone and look like a flump.

aracer
    Free Member

So… how many of you lot are sporting … Bradley-esque buggers grips

Yep – aren’t we all in honour of his win? Though mine don’t go as far down as his, and I’ve only been growing them since Wednesday, so mrs aracer hasn’t noticed yet.

Crucially, such things only have an effect on your appearance rather than anything functional.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Immac? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you want to see what you look like with a beard, get yer missus to do a handstand in front of the mirror, naked, then place your chin stategically…hey presto!

This only works if there’s a proper growler there.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My wife is happy for me to make attempts at beards. Until we engage in grown-up games, then she hates them.

philconsequence
    Free Member

a google images search for ‘growler’ is much less amusing than i assumed it would be 😥

binners

A growler…

The best ones are from the farm shop at Westmorland Services. I shall be getting a job lot this weekend 😀

Shall I get you one Philly. I’ve long suspected you’ve lusted after my growler

redwoods
    Free Member

Not a fan of the old facial fur I must say. Onzadog decided to grow a beard once just to annoy his stupid ex-boss and I didn’t enjoy living with it evenings and weekends!

To my dismay there’s also a lot of beardery going on where I work – one guy especially loves his hideous unkempt straggly chinmonstrosity and wears it like some kind of badge of masculinity. Even if he does sometimes get random bits of food stuck in it. Yeurch.

Don’t like them for aforementioned food velcro reasons but they also just seem to me to be a bit tatty and sweaty and aging (no offence to beardies, just IMHO)

Jaffa
    Free Member

Seeing as how this is a conversation about what I think about Binners ‘beard’ I presume I’m allowed an opinion….

…..in fact that it…. I’m allowed an opinion…. I don’t like facial hair, its fairly simple. I wouldn’t have started going out with someone who had facial hair and don’t expect to suddenly be faced with it four years down the line.

You can’t ‘just get used to it’ you either like something and find it attractive or your don’t, it prickles it gives me a rash round my mouth and it looks scruffy.

*awaits the usual stream of how dare you, you’re just a woman, woman the **** up rants*

Its simple I don’t like facial hair, I’m allowed an option, and I’m also allowed to voice it, what he does is up to him, he just can’t expect to ever get snogged again….

…. now what’s that ‘toyboy’ dating site called again…..*steps off soap box*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmm…

*eyes Jaffa suspiciously*

philconsequence
    Free Member

so, let me get this straight…. you don’t find my beard attractive?

Jaffa
    Free Member

I just don’t find facial hair attractive not even on Brad Pitt or anyone like that when they grow it…. I don’t know why its just what think…

Ps: has the 72 gone from the end of my name are we not allowed numbers any more??????

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What happened bagpuss?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘The fairer sexes attitude to facial hair’ is closed to new replies.