Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • The Face of Evil….dont look if easily scared. And no it's not Danny Dyer.
  • MussEd
    Free Member

The most scary face in nature! On my spare bedroom carpet this morning. Sorry no macro gear at hand so make do with cam pics.

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe its because I've never been stung (as far as I remember), but I don't find wasps at all scary. Just flick em.

DudleyPoyson
    Free Member

Jasper

Stamp on the ****

Talkemada
    Free Member

Stamp on the ****

Bit much innit? 🙁

trailmonkey

yeah, no need to curse, just stamp on it.

fwb2006
    Free Member

Get a deodrant can and a lighter, singe it's wings and torture it.

Shakey
    Free Member

Its only a wasp. What if it was a Hornet?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't know why people have such a downer on wasps, and like to torture them and beat them away if they come close. It's a useful insect, and there's a very slight risk it might sting you…

trailmonkey

a risk which is made slighter if it's nowhere near you or in fact dead. hope that helps.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Hornets – evil little ****, kill them all I say.

iain1775
    Free Member

Get a deodrant can and a lighter, singe it's wings and torture it

been reading too much Iain Banks me thinks!

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

Hornets – evil little ****, kill them all I say.

Vicious little b@st@rds! They really do just look for reasons to sting you. Wasps I don't like being near me, but I wouldn't try and kill them.

We had a nest growing in our garden last summer, though they never troubled us. One day I looked at a small tree in the corner near the house, and found a rugby-ball sized nest built into the branch. Never even noticed 😯

xc-steve
    Free Member

Maybe its because I've never been stung (as far as I remember)

Thats exactly the reason I'm terrified of them, even if I'm in the middle of town if one flies next to me I'll start doing some crazy brake-dance like moves to get away from it!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Had several encounters with wasps, bees and hornets. Never been stung except when I rode into a bee at 35mph in the Alps and it went down my top.

Used to work with swarms of wasps around me all summer.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

simon, how is a wasp useful?
    other than if you want someone to get stung, that is?

D0NK

how is a wasp useful?

[url=http://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/pollinators/wasps.shtml]Pollination[/url] which is quite important

That links from US (just the first from a google search) dunno how much pollination british wasps do but no pollination = no flora = no food for fauna = no food for us.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Why do we call them jaspers? I thought it was just something my mates and I used to call them.

DudleyPoyson
    Free Member

retro83
    Free Member

Heh, that was the first thing I thought of too DudleyPoyson. 🙂

MussEd
    Free Member

Woah! lads lads lads, it was already dead when I got there. I never kill them, catch and release is always my motto. They are scary to look at though…

duckman

As Craig Ferguson said during his Bing Hitler stand-up days. "Wasps are the skinheads of the insect world."

molgrips
    Free Member

I've been stung by wasps loads of times. I will admit though that they do usually co-operate when I want to get rid of them, but sometimes when you are trying to have a picnic they just don't know when to quit.

That's what badminton racquets are really for.

toby1

Surely sfb you can't argue the point that wasps have rights too? Or were you being ironic?

I tried to leave them be and ignore them but last summer they were just pests at our local pub garden. When I tried to ignore one it tried to fly into my mouth ffs!

Having previously been stung on the lip, eating an apple outdoors, I have a personal vendetta against them. Now I just remember to take an ultimate frisbee disc to the pub too, makes for a hell of a swat!

DezB
    Free Member

I don't mind a bit of F-ing and blindin, but that DudleyPoyson pic is a bit pointless isn't it?

kiwijohn

I work in a cloud of the b'stards all vintage in the winery. I ignore them & they don't sting me.
    Others that do kill them usually get stung.

molgrips
    Free Member

I ignore them & they don't sting me.

When I ignore them they tend to fly over for a closer look, ending up in my ear, up my nose or down my collar. Where they sting me.

grantway
    Free Member

Danny Dyer face of Laughter

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

My parents have a sort of double-strung tennis racquet with metal strings which electrify when you press a button.

Think its meant for small flies – by god does it make a bang when you hit a wasp – they usually sail across the room on fire!

rOcKeTdOg

pardon my ignorance, who is Danny Dyer?

DezB
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    pardon my ignorance, who is Danny Dyer?

http://tinyurl.com/2ehs4gf

Well, you did ask.

gnasher
    Free Member

ugh – feel sick now

Sidney
    Free Member

I'm not to fussed by wasps, I try and stay calm when they're about

I was on holiday in Finland as a kid dangling my feet in the water and I found a dragonfly with wasp marking sitting on my hip. I was petrified!

toab
    Free Member

"but sometimes when you are trying to have a picnic they just don't know when to quit"

When picnicing take dregs of a jar of jam or honey (or a beer can with a little left in it). The wasps smell the the jam/honey/booze and go and get stick/drowned in it, allowing you to consume your sandwiches peace.

molgrips
    Free Member

For that to work you'd have to make sure there was MORE jam/honey/pop/beer elsewhere than there was in your picnic. So that's basically two picnics, one for you and one for the jaspers…

nacho
    Free Member

wasps do pollinate http://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/pollinators/wasps.shtml
    however they also try to steal my sandwiches, drink my beer and sting me when I am riding my bike. My revenge is to kill them (but no torture)

toab
    Free Member

You are forgetting – the remnant of jam/beer is by now old and somewhat funky (possibly even a little furry) and therefore has a stronger smell..

Well, it's always worked for me anyway.

westkipper
    Free Member

I'd go so far to say I love wasps, and hornets, amazingly pretty wee insects up close. And for a large part of the year they usefully eat lots of pest species, only getting a bit radge towards the end of the year.
    I'm not to keen on the spider-killin' varieties, but everything in nature has its place etc…
    BTW, I'd never heard of that Dyer cat either..

z1ppy

I cursed them on Saturday, but the lad I was with said they're great as they kill flies & other insects, they only become a problem August time when there drunk on fermented fruit. This sounds about right to me, and I may yet reform my opinion of the little 'stards

kimbers

charlie brookers view of danny dyer……

Danny Dyer

Danny Dyer is an actor, geezer, and man of the people, played by the "I'm a little bit whoa, a little bit wheyyy" Paul Whitehouse character popular in The Fast Show circa 1995.

Approximately 500 times more normal and down-to-Earth than the average citizen, Dyer is the absolute antithesis of a pretentious luvvie. He displays a refreshing absence of airs and graces and is as happy having a kick-around with the lads as giving a promotional interview about how he's equally happy having a kick-around with the lads.

Unfortunately, just as certain poisonous fish have evolved "warning colours" alerting predators to the toxic nature of their flesh, Dyer's presence on a movie poster has become a handy visual signifier alerting cinema-goers to the potential substandard quality of the film, unless said cinema-goer is so insanely enamoured with gangsters, football hooligans and rough diamonds who swear a lot, that they'll watch literally anything in which any of these elements feature, to the point where you could paint Ronnie Kray's face on a beachball, kick it in their direction, and charge them £7.99 to stare in silent idiocy as it rolls toward them.

·

chorlton
    Free Member

Wasps are ace.
    I once watched one fighting a bumble bee, chewed it's head off and flew off with it, then came back for the body. Well hard 🙂

Apart from that they kill your garden pests.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘The Face of Evil….dont look if easily scared. And no it's not Danny Dyer.’ is closed to new replies.