Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • the-muffin-man

I’d expect red bull to mount a good challenge here, given how fast they were running skinny wings at Spa.

Not so sure about that – Monza is a power circuit. Merc 1 & 2, then should be Williams 3 & 4 (if Massa doesn’t crash). With Ferrari in the mix.

I think Red Bull will be lucky to come away with a 5th place.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Speeds appear to be all over the place but the Red Bulls were pretty quick up the kemmel straight during the race.

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/927/7382/speed_trap.html

slowoldman

Yes Red Bull will be running that ultra skinny wing again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    numbnut
    Free Member

Speeds appear to be all over the place but the Red Bulls were pretty quick up the kemmel straight during the race.

Am I reading that link right and the fastest speed trap speed was only 173mph?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

And now Lewis’s car won’t start.

Rosberg must be widdling himself.

Cue pics of Ron Dennis with his arm round LH later on.

the-muffin-man

Rosberg must be widdling himself.

…or he widdled in Lewis’s fuel tank!

andytherocketeer

if alonso wants to stay in ferrari, button’s at risk, so can only deduce from that… lewis driving honda next season?

also had alonso+kimi not being team mates next season too. kimi and button to both quit?

back2basics
    Free Member

i do wonder where RBR are going, with the brains behind the car moving away to other projects, and for sure the car being not their best this year, although riccardo has found it to his liking.
    they made moves to take over Renault engine division – so they have intentions to keep in F1 and keep at the top,
    so they should really try and keep vettel as much as they can.

despite drivers claims of driving for the teams they are in next year, nothing is certain until they actually sit in the car in 2015.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Newey still developing the 2015 RBR. It’s Renault that is the weak link.

Currently Renault are hamstrung by the regs that say the design of the engine is locked mid season. And only limited modification allowed for next season too.

So Renault bosses have said they intend ‘to change 48% of the engine’ for next year. Which is as much as is permitted.

Vettel showing his true form against a strong team-mate, while not in the best car in the field.

zokes
    Free Member

Well, here we go…

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

oops

jambalaya
    Free Member

Car problem or did Hamilton blow the start ?

Torque mode 3 ?

zokes
    Free Member

“everything’s in a muddle”

Ooops in deed

jota180
    Free Member

Hamilton lost his ERS at the start

zokes
    Free Member

Tin foil hats at the ready…

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

No bumpers lost. Take note.

Pook

Hahahaha!!!!

jota180
    Free Member

Britney cracks under pressure again

aracer
    Free Member

So who still reckons Rosberg is the better driver?

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Everyone who irrationally hates hamilton

Pook

Just the tiniest bit of pressure and he was off! It’s a big coup in the mind game for hamo that

zokes
    Free Member

\o/

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just the tiniest bit of pressure and he was off! It’s a big coup in the mind game for hamo that

Hamilton did the same before he won his first championship. Not sure I’d describe being close to winning the F1 championship is “tiniest bit of pressure”

Pook

Was rosberg thinking “this corner is the championship” then?

zokes
    Free Member

Not sure I’d describe being close to winning the F1 championship is “tiniest bit of pressure”

No, but losing it like a GP2 driver at the same chicane twice might be described as that

aracer
    Free Member

Not sure I’d describe being close to winning the F1 championship is “tiniest bit of pressure”

Yet strangely the other bloke under similar pressure made the chicance every lap.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@zokes it’s not over yet and Rosberg still leads. The animosity between Rosberg and Hamilton was pretty clear on the podium.

Cheeky question from Eddie, was that the penalty you gave Rosberg 🙂

Pook

EJ and Susi perry are shambolic

zokes
    Free Member

@zokes it’s not over yet and Rosberg still leads

I never said it was, I just highlighted what others have that Rosberg was quite lame in this race as well, but at least he only **** up his own day this time

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’m struggling to understand how Perez got to stay ahead of Bitton when he seemed to leave the track in order to retain his place on one of the chicanes? Jot seen a replay yet though.

Hamilton was in a class of his own today, fatest and using less fuel. Impressive 🙂

mactheknife

I think you are all missing out the star of the day, Daniel Ricciardo is showing how amazing a driver he is. That pass on Vettel had me laughing for ages 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

Ricciardo was good but not that outstanding today, he’s been better
    Remember his tyres were 11 laps younger than Vettel’s

cheez0
    Free Member

I think we saw what rosbergs punishment was..

letting lewis take the lead.

more fitting would be if rosberg had come into the pits on the last lap and parked up.. although I can see that Mercedes would never allow the contstructors points to be wasted.

but it would have stopped the booing.

edit: didn’t realise that eddie had already asked the question, however you can hear in rosbergs apology to the team over the radio he meant it to be that he had to give up the place.

jota180
    Free Member

You’re not serious?

the-muffin-man

Not so sure about that – Monza is a power circuit. Merc 1 & 2, then should be Williams 3 & 4 (if Massa doesn’t crash). With Ferrari in the mix.

I think Red Bull will be lucky to come away with a 5th place.

I should have put a bet on this! 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yet strangely the other bloke under similar pressure made the chicance every lap.

@aracer
    , as I said Hamilton made a similar mistake to throw away a potential championship before he won his first

Frankenstein
    Free Member

People booing Rosberg…

He spoke in Italian to Massa so Hamilton could not join in…

Mind games Coulthard said.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

you can hear in rosbergs apology to the team over the radio he meant it to be that he had to give up the place.

You must have been wearing a balaclava.

I was more taken with the beaming smile on Toto Wolffs face when Ham took the lead.

hora
    Free Member

No. Rosberg is a spoilt dick trying to manipulate what really happened.

Lewis did a similar? In his ROOKIE year? I hope you dont mean China where Mclaren insisted he stay out on ruined tyres. **** idiots cost him on that race retire alone. He lost the champ by one point remember.

mactheknife

hora – Member
    No. Rosberg is a spoilt dick trying to manipulate what really happened.

Ha, spoilt dick, good choice of words but mainly leveled at Hamilton through the years.

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.