Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • hora
    Free Member

Retire

No stay out. Wtf

the-muffin-man

Chilton takes Vettel!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

is that enough overtaking for everyone?

JCL
    Free Member

Bottas is the real deal.

PiknMix
    Free Member

It’s a bit spicier this year isn’t it!

hora
    Free Member

JCL in wrong again shocker 😆

the-muffin-man

Bottas could still get decent points.

JCL
    Free Member

He’ll have his day alright.

withersea
    Free Member

Worth getting up for?!

Pook

Oh yes

the-muffin-man

Points for Caterham or Marussia today?

Button looking characteristically uninspiring. Expect maybe one or two decent performances from him, but I doubt much more.

JCL
    Free Member

I think they’re all just waiting to see what goes on with fuel/tires.

Those couple laps when Nico put a bit of effort in where pretty amazing eh? That Merc is rapid.

Pook

Loving hearing the tyres squeal

the-muffin-man

Loving hearing the tyres squeal

+1

Might be eating my words about Button – currently 4th from 10th isn’t a bad position to be in – can’t see him catching Kev though

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Worth getting up for?!

I just decided it would be worth getting up to watch the second half of the race. Started flicking through the channels then realized it was on bloody Sky 👿

Bottas one to watch, Maclaren look like they might be ok this year – hope Jenson isn’t a number 2 though and it will be interesting to see Hamilton and Rosberg in a straight fight. Well done Ricciardo and Magnussen

wrightyson
    Free Member

So one of the redbulls survived. And pretty reasonably….

the-muffin-man

I just can’t get excited about Rosberg – just a bland driver.

JCL
    Free Member

Is it because he is zee German?

I like him. Quite a clever kid and I think that’ll give him the edge over Hamilton.

the-muffin-man

nope

I feel he’s in the same mould as Webber – he’ll only every win when everything is perfect, unlike drivers like Alonso or Hamilton.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Loved that. I think I’ll be enjoying this season.

rOcKeTdOg

DisregardiNg his usual spin fest I wonder how massa would have done, clearly not his fault this time but I bet he’s excited about the next few races before the other teams catch up

dannybgoode

Good race. Shame for LH and I actually quite like Rosberg. Good to see Bottas fight back and prove Williams have some pace this year.

Moving on slightly – if you close you eyes and just listen to the voices you could be forgiven to think that Arnie has taken over as principal of Mercedes…

jamesy01
    Free Member

Ted Kravitz just tweeted that Redbull have been disqualified for exceeding 100kg fuel limit.
    Awaiting official FIA confirmation.
    Poor Daniel…seems a genuinely nice guy in a team that’s hard to like!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Kobyashi lives up to his kamikaze reputaion again.

Ricciardo under investigation for ‘fuel flow irregularities’

Button might be 3rd yet. Two cars on the podium for Mclaren would beat last year in the first race.

Brilliant stuff.

the-muffin-man

Kobyashi lives up to his kamikaze reputaion again.

Kobayashi cleared – systems failure apparently…

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/03/16/kobayashi-responsible-massa-crash-stewards/

trout
    Free Member

Redbull again on the limits of legality
    I did think it strange that the Mclarens could not get him even with DRS
    so maybe he was going over the fuel flow on the drs bits

trout
    Free Member

Redbull been disqualified
    Redbull out

mikewsmith
    Free Member

well thats going to go down like a
    fart in a lift
    ton of bricks
    [insert rob warner airline joke here]
    in Oz tomorrow morning, so Mclaren looking the best?

Marmoset
    Free Member

A shame for Danny, thought he looked very much like a seasoned top 3 finisher today.

Great to see McLaren up there again though, impressed with Magnussen and Button showed a lot of intelligence to get up to 4th.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

With all the issues they have had it’s bizarre that RB chose to ignore the FIA and but a podium at risk.

shermer75
    Free Member

One thing I don’t understand:
    100kg max fuel limit in the cars
    100kg/hr max fuel rate allowed
    The races go on for a lot longer than one hour.

Eh?

the-muffin-man

One thing I don’t understand:
    100kg max fuel limit in the cars
    100kg/hr max fuel rate allowed
    The races go on for a lot longer than one hour.

Eh?

The fuel flow rate is the maximum rate that fuel can be put through the engine. To use 100kg in an hour they would have to be at full throttle all the time, which of course they aren’t.

The fuel can flow slower than the 100kg/hour rate, but at no time can it exceed it. Even if they have plenty of fuel left.

the-muffin-man

Regarding Red Bull – this is a reply from another forum (not my words). Seems like they don’t have a leg to stand on…

Even if RBR appeals, I think point number 9 will destroy anything they can come up with:
    9) The FIA technical representative observed thought the telemetry during the race that the fuel flow was too high and contacted the team, giving them the opportunity to follow his previous instruction, and reduce the fuel flow such that it was within the limit, as measured by the homologated sensor – and thus gave the team the opportunity to be within compliance. The team chose not to make this correction.

They ignored FIA more than once and even during the race itself. Even if RBR were within rule-limits, these offences undoubtly will keep the decision of disqualification in place.

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks like a bit of a whoopsy by RBR there. Oh well. McLaren are shaping up for a blinder of a season- that decision to concentrate on this year’s car half way through last season seems to be paying off

JCL
    Free Member

Well they’ve got to find at least a second a lap to get close to Mercedes…

Regarding the flow rate, it isn’t just 100kg per hour, I think there’s is also a maximum peak flow rate.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s to limit the power from the engine. For short bursts, they could get the power output over 1500hp which would be great for overtaking.

shermer75
    Free Member

Ah, I see

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.