Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • FeeFoo
    Free Member

Alonso stayed out on the same tyres for longer and is clearly a better all round driver than Rosberg.

Imo he is the best in F1 atm.

jota180
    Free Member

Alonso stayed out on the same tyres for longer and is clearly a better all round driver than Rosberg

There you go then, Rosberg ruined his own race

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I know, I’m not defending Rosberg. I’m not his biggest fan.
    Not sure if you’re trying to out me as a Rosberg fanboi or summink??

He was disadvantaged by the safety car. That is all.

jota180
    Free Member

Not sure if you’re trying to out me as a Rosberg fanboi or summink??

What??

He was disadvantaged by the safety car. That is all.

Well my point was he was no more disadvantaged than Alonso
    Unlike Alonso, Rosberg failed to mitigate the disadvantage.

IMO the safety cars made the race by allowing the best racers to shine

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Well my point was he was no more disadvantaged than Alonso
    Unlike Alonso, Rosberg failed to mitigate the disadvantage.

Yes, that’s what I was saying.

Looks like we’re in complete agreement then…

the-muffin-man

F1 drivers get younger and younger…

…Lewis and Seb are starting to look like the old men of F1, and Alonso is nearly a pensioner!

Pook

Flaming Nora! Which bright spark thought of that?

shermer75
    Free Member

I think this is really exciting. He’ll be the youngest ever by nearly two years!!

James Allen F1

shermer75
    Free Member

It does make me wonder where Jean-Eric Vergne is going to go though. I have a feeling that this might be the poor fellas last season in formula 1…

Marmoset
    Free Member

Fair play, Torro Rosso clearly think he can drive well enough.

I think where young drivers struggle is with peripheral things in F1. Button was much maligned because he perceived to be distracted, it didn’t affect Alonso that much though.

I suppose it comes down to the drivers manager and also how the teams manage them, from that perspective Torro Rosso is a good place to start as they’re used to young drivers.

jota180
    Free Member

Since the age of 7, he’s pretty much won every race he’s finished
    In some of the championships he’s won every race over the season.

A lot of people think he’s very special, they could well be right

Losing JEV from F1 would be a shame, no more Petra Silander walking around 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

From the age of 7 his ambition was to get into F1 is it me or is that just sad, what about doing kid stuff, he is a hell of a talent but I hope he has developed a personality and all the other stuff that goes along with growing up.

Marco Melandri won 2 GP’s when he was 15 but the bike boys seem to be having way more fun than the single seater lads.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

“MV, you need to go faster in sector 2. And TIDY YOUR ROOM”
    (as nicked from an F1-insider’s twitter feed…)

andyl
    Free Member

Bump for Spa qualifying

Q1 just finished. Bit of mocking of Maldonardo by the commentators there 😀

Pook

Kvyat spinning while having a tantrum. Ace.

jota180
    Free Member

I reckon that’s perfect for Hamilton

back2basics
    Free Member

I reckon that’s perfect for Rosberg

Pook

I reckon that’s perfect for vettel

jota180
    Free Member

P2 is often the best starting position at Spa

Do you recall last year’s race?
    Hamilton on P1, Vettel on P2

It’s not easy but with a perfect start and being able to stay tight through Raidillon, it should be a [relativity] easy pass at the end of Kemmel

2012 big crash so didn’t work out

2011 Vettel on pole, Rosberg on P2
    Rosberg did Vettel as described above

It happens loads of times at Spa

zokes
    Free Member

Very cynical from the German

Very cynical, and ruined what was about to be a great few laps

Marmoset
    Free Member

Agree Zokes, was looking forward to that scrap. A move straight out of the Schumi tactical book of racing!

zokes
    Free Member

If you can’t win fairly, wait until the karma of a bit of your team mate’s tyre plonks itself in your face! 😀

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

🙂

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Rosberg can’t overtake

zokes
    Free Member

Get in Bottas!

zokes
    Free Member

Bottas!!

zokes
    Free Member

Bummer 🙁

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

Lol. Gotta love the boos rosberg is getting

zokes
    Free Member

And Eddie Jordan being a sycophantic dick as usual

If rosberg had driven well, he wouldn’t have cynically taken his closest rival out

He also ruined what would have been a great battle

thepurist

Rosberg was never going to catch And pass ricci – he’d have spent a few laps looking at the back of him before making an ill judged lunge.

Anyhow if Max Verstappen gets a podium at Silverstone next year will he be allowed champagne?

MrOvershoot

So far I’m not bothered who wins the championship, but Valtteri Bottas is such an entertaining driver.
    Passes cleanly with style where many other would bottle it & seems so happy doing his job.
    Riccardo also gets + points for that smile 🙂

back2basics
    Free Member

nico showed he wasn’t getting shoved outside the track like lewis has forced him to do in almost every time nico has tried to overtake lewis, this would have happened many times before but nico backed down, today he doesn’t, you guys really think nico could judge it so well to puncture Lewis and for himself to stay in the race, get a life…. it was a racing incident,
    bottas handing massa his ass on a plate
    so looks like the silly season is just about where lewis and vettel will be as Ferrari keep it the same for 15

jota180
    Free Member

Bottas is definitely coming on but – IMO – is far too clinical to be greatly entertaining.
    He’ll certainly go on to win lots, given a good car, but my guess is it’ll be dull.

Kyvat on the other hand ………. 🙂

There’s another Russian in GP2 that looks exciting too, Markelov

Kato

According to Hamilton, Rosberg has said he did it deliberately

here

jimw
    Free Member

I used to rate Hamilton, but he is just too petulant and inconsistent

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Nope, quite like Hamilton. Nico’s a **** and I hope he goes down for this one. If that article is true, Nico’s well on track to being the Max Biaggi of the F1 world.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

If Nico did it on purpose it does make a point in a similar way to other aggressive drivers like Senna or Schumacher.
    It says, if we’re in a close fight on track, I will stop you from winning that fight, even if it means there will be contact.

It’s not sporting but it does make people wary when coming close to them.

The rest of the season will be interesting!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It’s not race legal, if that was what racing were about then Formula One would be a destruction derby. Plenty of people think Senna and Schumi were pricks.

Chew
    Free Member

Think everyone is over reacting a bit.

Hamilton knew Nico was there and decided to stick to the racing line. Nico should have backed out a bit earlier and played the long game.

9/10 Nico would have lost his front wing in that kind of collision with no damage to Hamilton, leading Hamilton to cruise to an easy victory, whilst Nico lost time with a damaged front wing (like Alonso on the last lap)

Nico was probably trying to prove a point that he wasnt going to back down (although it seems a bit pointless), but its daft to suggest that he would/could place his car in exactly the place a 150mph to cause a puncture to Hamilton without major damage to his own car.

onehundredthidiot

But if you’re 2 secs quicker than the opposition then stick half a dozen laps in then go racing. Silly petulant move, not sensible for the team.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.