Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • hora
    Free Member

I bet when he stopped at the end, Lewis’s wheels were literally hanging off the car.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Good drive by bottas, hamilton and magnussen and ricardo. It goes to show how much the mercs have in pocket as when they run at full tilt on fresh tyres they can make it up from the back.
    Its the same with bottas at silverstone from 16th to 2nd although with less tagging of other cars along the way.

The interesting battles ( alonso v everyone else) seem pretty clean and not as gung ho as hamiltons charge.
    If hamilton is light on fuel in the race would it be a disadvantage carrying excess fuel at the end?

It becomes noticeable after the last round of pitstops where the cars run to the wear and fuel limitations which is a bit of a shame. I’m rooting for williams and its good to see brains over brawn 😉

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I dont know how or why sutil gets a drive? Please get wolff in his seat.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    retro83
    Free Member

back2basics – Member

fixed for you

Bahrain – Lewis (Rosberg let Lewis win after Lewis made outrageous and dangerous overtaking and defending moves against his team mate with the potential of taking them both out of the GP)

China – Lewis – you dont count losing telemetry and radio/data issues on Nico’s car causing a bad start and strategy pit stop problems as bad luck then?

Spanish GP – Lewis (Rosberg was gaining on Lewis but ran out of 1 lap)
    Austria – Rosberg (Nico managed the gap to lewis without stressing the car for the following raceS)

Disagree on Bahrain. Hamilton made the key move by overtaking Rosberg at the start and the battle between them was tough but fair.

In China, I had forgotten about the tele causing a bad start for N, but didn’t he spin in Q3 and start further back anyway?

Your comment on Rosberg not stressing the car in Austria is also puzzling since his gearbox went pop the following race.

The slightly odd decision not to deploy a safety car after Sutil left his Sauber stranded in the middle of the pit straight denied us all a much closer battle for the podium places though.

Yeah that was an odd decision! 😯

richmars

retro83,
    Don’t bother. Some people here just don’t like LH, regardless of the evidence.

hora
    Free Member

The interesting battles ( alonso v everyone else) seem pretty clean and not as gung ho as hamiltons charge.

I don’t see Alonso making lots of overtakes in races of late (last year at least). Yes hes had a memorable couple and you could argue his car isn’t the best but I wonder how many overtakes he was involved in? No I don’t mean him battling to stop being overtaken.

I’ve always said this- Lewis has the most talent in raw speed terms. He just doesn’t have the head that some others have.

andytherocketeer

Seemed to have a calm head yesterday. Drove to a target, and adjusted for compromised car, and drove to new target. No getting irate behind cars for 6-8 laps at a time.

back2basics
    Free Member

drove into button

aracer
    Free Member

Haterz gonna hate

back2basics
    Free Member

@aracer
    Lewis said so himself that his brakes were higher temperatures because he was following Nico.

So

decision,

not follow so close and finish
    follow so close try and beat him – DNF

loverz gonna love

Pigface
    Free Member

But it is a race not a follow the leader thing.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

and to win the championship it is over 19 races

mashiehood
    Free Member

Lewis will still win it at the end.

hora
    Free Member

Lewis will still win it at the end.

When Lewis won his title I sprayed mrshora’s champagne all up the living room wall, the dog and her.

I’m a fan but I (sadly) think he’ll be the hilight/standout driver of this season but not the winner.

I also think Merc would prefer a Blonde white bloke to lift their title.

aracer
    Free Member

Though you claimed he didn’t follow instructions, which is contradicted by Tito’s statement, and I’m fairly sure his comment about higher temperatures due to following is with the benefit of hindsight. From the information he had he did nothing wrong.

As you were haterz

Junkyard
    Free Member

When Lewis won his title I sprayed mrshora’s champagne all up the living room wall, the dog and her.

Admit it, it was not champagne you were spraying

nickewen
    Free Member

In Canada when both Mercs had simultaneous MGU-K failures Hamilton would not have been following in the hot/turbulent air of the sister Merc if Nico had been penalised for busting through the chicane and then flooring it…

So all those people saying Nico managed the problem better I do understand the argument but he should have been penalised putting Hamilton into cool air and who knows maybe Nico would have DNF’s and Hamilton finished. All in my humble opinion of course!

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I thought Lewis had a superb race on Sunday. Yes, he has the fastest car (along with Nico) but he still had to deliver the drive. It is always a bit of a gamble when you are at the back of the grid and he could so easily have been caught up in the Massa incident. Bottas drove a great race and overall it was a great grand prix to watch. I thought there was no malice in the Button / Hamilton overtake as it looked very much as though Button was leaving the door open plus Hamilton came from a long way back. He did apologise to him in the race later on when passing him again.

Most top sports people have a flaw or two. Some are more obvious than others. Hamilton generally comes across as a bit fragile and at those times ends up looking like a bit of a tit. However, he is without doubt one of the best drivers on the circuit. He is consistently quick and yet he is also one of the lightest on fuel consumption. Nico has a touch of the sour grapes at times but is doing a bit better at the being magnanimous these past few weeks. Most refreshing at the moment is Ricciardo. Genuinely likeable guy who is driving fantastically well this season. Dealing very well with adversity (losing his “win” in Australia). Lot of respect for him whereas his team mate is losing credibility and respect with every race. Not so easy when you no longer have the fastest car on the grid and no one can touch you is it Seb? 🙂

the-muffin-man

A telling statistic from BBC website…

Pastor Maldonado, who signed a deal to stay at Lotus next season, has only scored one point in the last 30 Grands Prix, a 10th place in last year’s Hungarian GP. He won the 2010 GP2 feature race at the Hungaroring on his way to the title.

…hmmm – I wonder why he still has an F1 seat?

Klunk
    Free Member

yet another issue with Hamiltons car !

johndoh
    Free Member

WTF

Junkyard
    Free Member

well Nico has had a lot of luck or Hamilton a lot of bad luck with the same car…..one for the conspiracists I would say

I would assume most observers would consider Hamilton to be marginally faster but there is not much in it

muggomagic

Really bad luck for Hamilton. His only hope tomorrow is some well timed safety car laps. If not, assuming Rosberg wins, his championship chances will be all but over.

Junkyard
    Free Member

unless they swap cars for the next few races 😉

skiboy
    Free Member

There’s a weak link in Lewis garage can you guess what it is yet ??

crispyrice

Rolf Harris?

thegreatape
    Free Member

His car has a soul and can no longer cope with his whining?

back2basics
    Free Member

Now even I think that’s a run of bag luck for lewis, see im not an or and pour hater! Would be better for f1 to seea battle up front, might still get one of weather can play a part…
    everyone at bbc thinking people would be close to mercs and BAM almost half a second quicker
    bottas v vettel v riccardo should I hope give us some action on track too.

Pook

Looking forward to seeing him come through the field tomorrow

jota180
    Free Member

He’s going to be in a car that has hardly turned a wheel
    They’ll get a couple of installation laps when the pit lane opens but reliability is going to be a constant concern today.

If it all holds together, I reckon he can get top 5 with some imaginative pit stop strategy

delbii1
    Free Member

don`t think merc give Lewis 100% like they do Nico.
    am sure they would prefer german driver of german car winning.
    in Pit stops lewis being Handicapped by 1 sec per stop and getting really unreliable cars

jota180
    Free Member

Yup, Merc set fire to one of their cars to give Nico an advantage 😛

The pit stops are slower in part due to the way Lewis enters the pit box, apparently Nico somehow gives the crew a bit more confidence.

back2basics
    Free Member

seriously. …seriously. ….SERIOUSLY . lewis hamilton fans really beggar belief with the excuses of his luck/mistakes/issues

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah the lads rubbish he’s only up to 7th.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Lewis heading for the podium again?
    It would be quite an achievement if he does, even with all the safety car incidents.

Klunk
    Free Member

lewis into second !

bruneep

how lucky was vettel

jota180
    Free Member

I guess he’s got some radio issues too 🙂

muggomagic

That was the best race I’ve seen for ages.

jota180
    Free Member

Great race

We saw the best 3 racers get on the podium today
    All had a bit of luck and made the most of their opportunities.
    It was only the state of the tyres at the end that decided the winner, any of them would have been worthy of the top spot.

Rosberg should have won but he lost out because he was far too timid, he may well be a very fast driver but the 3 in front of him are better racers.

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.