Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 2,074 total)
  • The F1 2015 thread…
  • hora
    Free Member

I saw this and remembered the how to make a small fortune in F1 line

skiboy
    Free Member

marussia not only closed the Banbury factory but also sold it to the new Hass F1 team. quite a lot of the top guys are already working within other teams.

If Manor/marussia make the grid within the first three races then then get the 2014 constructors points and cash they are owed , any later than china and it’s all over no cash. They will disappear as quick as they have emerged from the ashes.

F1 is a money pit of unbelievable ferocity. it will eat those millions in a matter of weeks.

hora
    Free Member

Read through- especially the bottom bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31732315

I have a hunch. A not very nice one.

PJM1974
    Free Member

We still don’t know why Alonso was braking so hard before the crash. It rules out epilepsy, hypoglycaemia, arrhythmia or loss of conciousness because his pressure on the brake was consistent.

retro83
    Free Member

hora – Member

Read through- especially the bottom bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31732315

Well, what is it?

stumpy01

So, Yahoo are reporting that Alonso woke up in 1995 after his crash, thought he still raced karts and that one day he wanted to be a Formula 1 driver!

That would shake me up a bit!

the-muffin-man

So, Yahoo are reporting that Alonso woke up in 1995 after his crash, thought he still raced karts and that one day he wanted to be a Formula 1 driver!

The stories are getting weirder! 😀

If that’s the case McLaren need to start an F3 team and give him some experience. And would he qualify for a superlicence if he’d forgotten the last 10 years or more!?

thepurist

Meh my Mrs crashed her bike in Spain and was knocked out for a few seconds. She didn’t know which country she was in or how she’d got there. But she did ride the next day tho I’m thinking that wasn’t such a good idea now…

back2basics
    Free Member

again Alonso silence about the accident is still deafening – lets face it he has not said ” i did this, i did that, the car did this , the car did that…” where is his total and full explanation.
    and to that, where is McLarens,

if there was no issue with the car and it was a gust of wind, why not release telemetry ? simple brake/acc/g force coupled with gps. i mean we get those on screen at f1 races.

the simple fact about all of this is that something is wrong
    the car
    the driver
    we’ll find out in due course

thepurist

b2b did you miss the bit where he said he doesn’t remember what happened? Not uncommon in concussion and no cause for conspiracy theories. Perhaps mclaren have other reasons for not publishing full telemetry, if you remember they were a little miffed when Hamilton put some on line.

hora
    Free Member

Retro83 like many of us you start a new job and think **** what have I done? How do I get out of this?

jota180
    Free Member

**** what have I done? How do I get out of this?

So [in your mind] was the crash coincidental? or did he plan it all along? 😉

aracer
    Free Member

How exactly does the crash improve the situation for Alonso? I know he’s an extremely good driver, but good enough to crash just hard enough to take him out of a race, but not hard enough to cause him permanent problems? That sort of thing (and the confidence to know you’re going to get it right) requires superpowers.

I reckon it’s about as likely that the crash was because he was mates with Jimmy Saville and worried about being found out (jhj has a pic of him shaking hands he’s just about to post), or that the control structures made him crash.

richmtb

or that the control structures made him crash

What like toe rods, wish bones and the steering rack?

Or the Illuminati, the Bilderbergs, The Royal Family and the Lizard Overlords?

jota180
    Free Member

Maybe he got some tips off his mate – baby Piquet? 😀

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

isnt this out of an episode of Life on mars?

Has alonso left 1995 or is he still reeling from bon jovi “someday i’ll be saturday night”

WHat a rubbish year for music

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_top_10_singles_in_1995

Good news Manor are back in the game and cleared to race after passing the crash tests!

jota180
    Free Member

We’re getting close to the point were JiveHoney will give us all the ‘evidence’ we need

back2basics
    Free Member

@thepurist.
    given that Ron and everyone else at mcLaren is saying it was just a “brief” or “mild” concussion -i would find it highly unlikely he would not remember ANYTHING from the accident.

beanum

This has been subsequently denied but there is a report that some teams are planning to boycott the Australian GP unless McLaren come clean..

Sauce: The Sydney Morning Herald

nemesis
    Free Member

300! (kph)

Oh and get real. There won’t be a boycott about that.

dooosuk
    Free Member
    Pook

well that ^ story is bollocks. The telemetry shows he was working the controls and gearing down, brakes fully on when he hit the wall.

nemesis
    Free Member

It’s just crap to cover the gap until the season starts and they have something real to talk about.

This covers the reality fairly well I reckon:
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31732315

– ie still some things that aren’t obvious to explain but then Jules Bianchi hitting both pedals before his crash and others suggest that as much as they’re brilliant drivers, when things go wrong they don’t always instinctively react the way you expect.

pondo

given that Ron and everyone else at mcLaren is saying it was just a “brief” or “mild” concussion -i would find it highly unlikely he would not remember ANYTHING from the accident.

Given that Ron has previously stated that Alonso did not suffer a concussion, I wouldn’t put a huge amount of faith in what comes out of the slimy charisma-vacuum’s mouth.

hora
    Free Member

Did Putin have something to do with this?

chrismac

I think the rationale might be something on the lines of.

Alonso did get a concussion and so it is boarderline if he should drive in Oz. Given the performance of the car so far in testing its not looking likely that he would win any points, or at least not many. So why take the risk of racing if its not going to affect your points tally for the year. Let Button and Kevin use the race as a test session and comeback once he is fully healthy and more work has been done to improve the car.

matt_outandabout

No. Honestly.
    Edit: even better!

retro83
    Free Member
    richmtb

Christ this is getting silly now.

And yet, Mclaren could just make a statement and end all this nonsense but they haven’t…

Dammit now I’m sucked into it too

dooosuk
    Free Member

It’s got people talking about McLaren though. Wonder if it’ll help them recruit the headline sponsor they’re missing.

johndoh
    Free Member

Wonder if it’ll help them recruit the headline sponsor they’re missing.

Yeah, by having rumours about their high profile driver not being able to drive at the first race due to potential electrical issues with the car or, even worse, his suffering a blackout that caused the crash and he may not be able to drive again.

You didn’t think this through very well did you?

hora
    Free Member

Sounds like a prime candidate for McLaren management? 8)

PJM1974
    Free Member

Not sure I buy into the blackout/electric shock theory given that Alonso was not only applying pressure to the brake pedal, but was also downshifting at the time.

And of course, Alonso can’t make a statement about what happened because he suffered amnesia and can’t recall the crash. The danger of repeated concussion injury cannot be overstated. Can’t say that I blame him for taking doctor’s advice and sitting out the first GP.

I do find it strange however that McLaren haven’t released any telemetry data, I can only assume that it’s been passed on to the FIA for their investigation. Given that both Button and Magnussen drove the car the following days without reservation, I strongly doubt whether there’s anything sinister going on.

hora
    Free Member

I thoughtthey did release the telemetry? Also button confirmed he had reviewed it and thought it odd as the data -well nothing stood out.

PJM1974
    Free Member

According to the BBC, yesterday:

This writer has seen the GPS and lap-time data of both the lap on which the Spaniard crashed and the lap before. The computer telemetry from the car, which contains all the data, including braking and steering inputs, has not been released by McLaren.

dooosuk
    Free Member

All publicity is good publicity isn’t it? 😀

pondo

All publicity is good publicity isn’t it

Not necessarily – see Doing A Ratner

ScottChegg
    Free Member

but then Jules Bianchi hitting both pedals before his crash and others suggest that as much as they’re brilliant drivers, when things go wrong they don’t always instinctively react the way you expect.

It does the opposite. Both pedals fully down is the panic mode in an F1 car. It should shut down the engine immediately as well as applying the brakes. It’s know as FailSafe.

Bianchi’s car didn’t behave due to a software clash with the brake by wire system. It ended up applying full throttle when he wanted considerably less.

back2basics
    Free Member

perhaps alonso’s brake and gear change was spasms from the electric shock….

hora
    Free Member

Bianchi’s car didn’t behave due to a software clash with the brake by wire system. It ended up applying full throttle when he wanted considerably less.

How they got away with bypassing that safety feature – I know the teams ‘gone’ but surely the FIA drilled down into the detail- the people behind it?

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 2,074 total)

The topic ‘The F1 2015 thread…’ is closed to new replies.