Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 2,074 total)
  • The F1 2015 thread…
  • back2basics
    Free Member

The EU thing can really cause F1 major problems, it could indeed either wipe the power base out the big teams have enjoyed (i.e rule veto) , or force F1 to not run inside the EU …

And, its not exactly great when 2 teams that are inside F1 are activley lodging proceedings against it…

i can only imagine the EU would want a 1 vote 1 team policy and fair prize money distribution, (i.e 1 WDC/WMC point = X million) – and none of this historic payment formula rubbish.

all of it shows its not a great time to be investing millions in f1….

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s a bit cheeky Sauber going to the courts, since it’s not long they were roasted for taking money for drives and not honouring the deal.

They know the rules, why do they join the show and then complain?

the-muffin-man

I read that and decided it wasn’t worth commenting on as presumably it’s just Bernie playing games again.

Story came from Silverstone management though, not Bernie.

JB could be a busy boy next year – he’s currently got drives with McLaren, Porsche and now Renault F1 team! 😀

thepurist

So Silverstone building vocal public support for the race before they try to renegotiate the deal with bernie? And fi finding legal reasons to get equitable fund distribution because they won’t get it via the concorde agreement. All we need now is a protest against an illegal component on the mercs and it’s business as usual all round.

aracer
    Free Member

I think we also need a whinge from RBR for a full house.

back2basics
    Free Member

Button stays at McLaren

shhhh dont tell anyone….Alonso to “new” Renault 🙂

the-muffin-man

Is the Button news official? Can’t see even on the gossip F1 sites.

Can’t Alonso and Red Bull go off together and do skidoo racing in Siberia so we don’t have to hear from them again!

Freester

Is the Button news official?

Been announced on Mclaren Facebook so I’d say official enough.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Well done bunsen .. its a shame for K-mag and Stoffel and now manor merc rather than manor mchonda. I wonder who is going to hoover up Torro Rosso.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Bit surprised Button’s staying on. Can’t see him carrying on beyond next season and Renault would have to be a better bet for a respectable swansong, surely?

the-muffin-man

Renault would have to be a better bet for a respectable swansong, surely?

McLaren have better company cars!

Yep – nice to see JB staying on.

nemesis
    Free Member

I would expect Honda to be more competitive next year – not on a par with the Merc but from what I understand, they made fundamental mistakes on their engine this year (turbo is too small basically) in much the same way that Ferrari did last year.

And the new separate wastegate exhaust rule means that they’ve effectively got some more free tokens for development too.

Or maybe they’ll do a Renault and be just as crap… 😉

Reckon Manor might have a couple of strong drivers next year – Werlein seems like a very strong prospect to go with the engines but K-mag and Stoffel are still to be placed.

bombjack
    Free Member

Its a shame that Button didn’t decide to have a crack at the WEC, McLaren still wont be up there next year, and with the news that Manor have got the Merc power unit, coupled with a Williams gearbox and Petronas fuel they are now pretty much a Mercedes B team.

nemesis
    Free Member

McL could be competitive though, couldn’t they – Ferrari showed what’s capable in off season development and generally the McL seems to be considered a reasonable chassis. Renault’s main issue seems to be with resourcing if what’s being written is right – Merc and Ferrari have thrown huge numbers of people at the engines while Renault have been much more constrained.

I agree though – by my reckoning, either Lotus or McL are at risk of being at the back of the grid if Manor can get the ingredients they’ll now have to work effectively.

slowoldman

Lets be honest. None of us have a vague clue whose cars will be good or bad next season.

shermer75
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Lets be honest. None of us have a vague clue whose cars will be good or bad next season.

I’m certainly hoping it’ll all be a bit more mixed up:

Maybe a reasonable fight between Mercedes and Ferrari for the top spot?

Manor not being at the back?

Renault and McLaren-Honda could well be rubbish, but there’s a slim chance they might not be?!?!

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

so the question is where is haas placed.. behind renault or infront? I think its a toss up between Renault, Mchonda and Hass. Personally it will be Haas as I dont think they have the experience for in season development or the people quite yet for the Chassis despite dallara doing the donkey work.

Both Renault and Mchonda have design teams capable of a half decent job on the chassis.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’d forgotten about Haas. Maybe next season will all be about the fight for the middle! Especially now as Mercedes have stopped getting any TV coverage haha

shermer75
    Free Member

I think the Spirit Master is supposed to be Ron Dennis haha

McLaren-Honda 8 bit adventure

aracer
    Free Member

Why would Exhaustus choose to drive a Marussia? At least I presume that’s what he’s driving given the turbo heroes manage to catch up with him.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

oooerrr according to reports ferrari wont supply Red Bull.. We are in a pickle now
    here

Options seem to be
    1) keep existing contract with Renault for 2016 engines,
    2) Believe what Bernie is saying and that merc engines will be supplied. Also see Hamilton mention how he wants a duel with Vettel.
    3) Bugger off and do what you threatened to do ( caveat is that they will only stay if they have a competitive engine.. if by some miracle Renault becomes competitive / Renault buys Red Bull instead of Lotus 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

This is indeed all really interesting stuff. I actually really liked what Lewis Hamilton says at the end of this article, about it being unprecedented for a team to win four world champs in a row and then sulk off in to the sunset two seasons later. It’s almost as if he’s adopting an elder statesman-like role!

I feel like it is a pretty bad situation for the sport, especially for me as Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo are two of my favourite drivers right now, but you can’t help thinking that Red Bull have painted themselves into a corner with this one. The fact that illustrates this the most for me is that Renault are yet to use a development token this season! I can’t help thinking this is due to the negative publicity they have received from Red Bull. Ouch!

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I personally dont think the divorce papers are quite singed and sealed. If Renault do sort the engine out then Red Bull will stay but what about Lotus. Yes there is a letter of intent but for what year?

I’d like to see Red bull in Formula E. More up and coming and energy related 🙂
    I expect Bernie to wield his axe and probably wont see any Ferrari or Mercedes coverage this weekend and a lot of Mchonda and Manor!

thepurist

Is it worse for redbull to be seen as the sulky bad guys who took their toys away when they couldn’t win any more, or to be the dynamic positive thinking competitors who worked through the tough times and came back fighting.? I think Renault will have a massive gagging clause in any renegotiated supply contract.

And speaking of contracts it seems alonso has confirmed his intention of honouring his 2016 drive with mchonda. B2b will be disappointed 😉

the-muffin-man

And speaking of contracts it seems alonso has confirmed his intention of honouring his 2016 drive with mchonda. B2b will be disappointed

Not as disappointed as Stoffel Vandorne! Can’t see where McLaren can place him now, with Manor sort of becoming Mercedes B team.

dragon
    Free Member

I think Red Bull / Torro Rosso are slightly unique and one or both could walk away. End of the day it is only marketing, they have plenty of other marketing concepts out there and they aren’t a car manufacturing company with a reputation to protect or a racing team like Williams or McLaren.

And lets face it BMW weren’t all that shabby with a race win and two top 3’s in the constructors but walked away at little cost.

Klunk
    Free Member

they’ll end up with a honda engine in it at this rate 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

BBC are suggesting that Red Bull could buy F1 if they can’t get an engine 😯

I do think Eddie for a change has some decent points, and Merc are going to totally destroy the sport for their dominance.

BBC F1 story

thepurist

There’s an interesting read on autosport.com about the season without Mercedes. The autosport beta site is free this weekend if you want a read. Vettel would already have wrapped up the wdc and Ferrari would be wcc. So without merc Ferrari would be more dominant than the current dominant team.

Did they destroy the sport when shumi was winning everything? Did redbull kill it when Vettel walked the 2nd half of the season. Did mclaren kill it with the mp4/4? Nope.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Merc are going to totally destroy the sport for their dominance.

Why, because they won’t give their engine to RB? They’re already supplying engines to more teams than anyone else in 2016.

thepurist

http://beta.autosport.com/premium/feature/6711/would-f1-2015-be-better-without-mercedes

Is the article, got it slightly wrong with the wcc, but the point stands.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I stopped watching footie about three years ago as it became clear that it was all one big machine, run by marketing men and sold to big children.

I suspect F1 is going the same way, for different reasons…

thepurist

Phew.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Crikey! I bet he’ll have a sore neck…

aracer
    Free Member

Going? 😯 Has it ever been anything else?

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, I was holding my breath for a good long while there. Massive relief to see him give the thumbs up, this season Carlos Sainz has proved himself to be a very talented and likeable fellow

shermer75
    Free Member

So, Rosberg is stepping up at last, Williams seem to be outpacing everyone else and Verstappen out-qualifying Ricciardo. Could be a good one tomorrow!

the-muffin-man

So, Rosberg is stepping up at last,

..or Bernie has told Mercedes to spice things up! 😀

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

It will be crazy in sainz gets to race tomorrow. Asking a racer if he will pass up a drive is a rhetorical question. I know these guys are made of of another material but really? Just look at rugby players and boxers, I know its not repeated blows but its a lot of Gs. Really glad he’s ok. These new races still have some teething problems.
    Rosberg to win and Hamilton to come second. Williams to balls up a pit / strategy and Vettel to take 3rd. Bottas to pass Hamilton at the start.

shermer75
    Free Member

Rosberg to win and Hamilton to come second. Williams to balls up a pit / strategy and Vettel to take 3rd. Bottas to pass Hamilton at the start.

This all sounds about right to me! Although I think Hamilton will win after Rosberg runs wide at a corner

Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 2,074 total)

The topic ‘The F1 2015 thread…’ is closed to new replies.