Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The Eurobike 2016 thread
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for anything interesting that crops up at Eurobike.

Think the new Shimano dropper already has it’s own thread.

A few nice things here at cyclingtips.

Some nice Silca tools…

Quite like these oversized pulleys too…

There’s the new fugly FSA electronic groupset too…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx8TacbOddw[/video]

And with winter on the way, there’s a new turbo from Tacx too over at dcrainmaker, the Flux Smart.

Anything take your fancy?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Disc brakes seem to be dominating the road bike sections…

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/202889-eurobike-2016-teaser-canyon-ultimate-aeroad-disc-bikes-scott-addict-gravel

That Parlee time trial bike is an abomination 🙂

rhayter

New Yetis!

One lovely, one a bit on the ugly side, I reckon.

Have a look on BikeRumor

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Dave
    Free Member

We’re popping some photos up here as we wander between meetings…

http://www.instagram.com/radventurecc

mrblobby
    Free Member

Liking the Olympic Scotts there.

soundninjauk

I am quite enjoying the Hope Tech road related bits and pieces, especially attached to the Mason they have on the stand.

Can’t figure out how to embed the Facebook post with the best picture unfortunately.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some nice bits for roadies over at CyclingTips…

Eurobike 2016 live tech coverage, day two

Much disc brake content and quite a lot on motor assist.

I rather like the concept Argon 18…

A pitot tube for data acquisition and disc brake callipers integrated into the frame. Nice.

Also Cipollini’s new bike with a special hatch in the downtube to make it super easy for you to fit your own motor…

I suspect we’ll be seeing a lot more of this sort of thing!

Markie
    Free Member

Anything on shimano Saint / zee / gravity? Just wondering (to no real purpose!) if they’re planning to go to 11 speed or 7 speed…

fifeandy
    Free Member

Don’t forget the mystery tyre from the BMC article.

Looks to me a lot like Conti are about to join in on the B+ game – I would say that is a prototype X-King

gray

Updated Wahoo Kickr too. Not a massive difference though. Tacx Flux looks quite good, but all depends on how much cheaper it ends up really being than the Kickr.

salad_dodger

Heard a nasty rumour than Cannondale were putting disc brakes on their 2017 TT/tri bikes. Any evidence yet?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Kickr needs a big overhaul really. Neo is streets ahead technology wise (Kickr being more like the Flux.) And there’s much more direct competition now from the likes of Cycleops and Elite. The Elite one with a proper PM built in looks interesting though they’ve never been that good on feel.

I guess Cannondale have to do something different with their TT range as no one is currently buying them. That Parle TT bike with discs is horrendous though. I see Zipp have brought disc braked disc wheels to the Eurobike party so it is inevitable I guess.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Next year’s Adidas trail cross terrex shoes look nice..look more like a normal pair of trainers

jmatlock
    Free Member

I’m confused how Hope have managed to put 29r Ohllins forks on their 650b Prototype bike.

I really want some Ohlins RXF 34s for my new BFE but they only come in 29r forks.

What witchcraft have hope pulled.

peteimpreza

That’s a RXF 36 on the Hope bike .

jmatlock
    Free Member

Is the 36 a 650b fork then?

The Ohlins website says for 29 and 650b+ and SOME 650b frames but gives no idea which ones.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The Eurobike 2016 thread’ is closed to new replies.