• This topic has 31 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by enfht.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The Enfield Haunting
  • Kryton57

Tonight 9pm Sky – true story which you can find with a quick Google.

I have a passing interest in the paranormal, but more if an interest because the house in question is around the corner from me. Expecting some press to be there today/tomorrow maybe. I’m hoping Timiothy Spall makes it a good watch.

Anyone else watching it/read the story?

jmatlock
    Free Member

I can’t wait. It’s a fascinating story and looks to be very well told in this adaptation. Spall was a great choice I think.

Haze

Have it on series link, I’m a sceptic but looking forward to watching it from a ‘what if’ perspective.

enfht
    Free Member

I grew up in Enfield, my parent’s friend was at the house and swore blind they witnessed a coffee table lift itself up in the air and fly across the room. Some phenomena was indeed exaggerated by the daughters but not everything that went on in that house was ever explained or understood.

Drac

I’ll be watching it but have no belief in ghosts since I was about 12 or 13 still love a paranormal story.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yarp, on series link here too.. No Sky in deepest Harrogate and we’re out tonight with a rather eclectic bunch of riding buddies so no spoilers please 😆

jedi

I grew up in Enfield. My mates mum was lollipop lady in the street and saw the girls being thrown around in their bedroom

Speshpaul

“so no spoilers please “

It was the fair ground owner and he would have got away with it, if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone see Derren Brown manage to convince a group of teenage girls that their ouija board was moving around when it wasn’t?

Drac

Thrown around or arseing about and believed the hype?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I once worked in Enfield, the GE lighting factory to be precise, stayed in digs in Chingford.

Planet Popadom definitely the best curry shop ever.

qwerty
    Free Member

I spent most of my life in Enfield. At the local carvery, two friends had a fall out, one slit the others throat & he died on the road outside 😯 . I don’t live in Enfield anymore. 😀

racefaceec90

hopefully he’ll get an exorcist in quick sharp

or

derek_starship
    Free Member

Cheekyboy: your post has put a whole new perspective on this thread. Thanks for the comprehensive input.

I’m looking forward to this. I can’t resist stuff like this.

It’ll probably be a big bag of **** of course…

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to this. I can’t resist stuff like this.

It’ll probably be a big bag of **** of course…

It was quite a revelation for me also Derek !

I thought all the best curry houses were Oop Norf !

Northwind

Inspiration for Ghostwatch, wasn’t it? Which was The Most Terrifying Thing Ever.

pirahna
    Free Member

qwerty – Member
    I spent most of my life in Enfield. At the local carvery, two friends had a fall out, one slit the others throat & he died on the road outside . I don’t live in Enfield anymore.

I grew up in Edmonton, went to school in Enfield and lived in Ponders End when I left home. Thankfully I managed to escape too.

Kryton57

Yes it’s a real shithole, that’s why I live here. FFS all areas of large community’s have rougher areas and better areas. No need to publically blight the the place to troll on a TV thread.

Anyway, Chaseside is the best Indian.

Drac

Well that was a bit crap.

slowoldman

Good Grief!!

jmatlock
    Free Member

I really enjoyed that.

Shame it’s a week until part 2.

wolly
    Free Member

Watching the second one now, mrswolly has been full on screaming

Haze

In your face journalist!

molgrips
    Free Member

He got them so wound up that when he suggested it was moving they all believed it.. then started adding their own embellishments. Fascinating really.

jmatlock
    Free Member

Wolly,
    How are you watching episode 2? Torrent?

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Watched all 3. On demand.
    Decent acting.
    Apparently there were events witnessed by 42 different people.

wolly
    Free Member

All on demand, really enjoyed that

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Just watched all 3. Quite good mini series but a bit of padding here and there.

I don’t believe in ghosts and looking at the ‘real’ photos taken it’s quite obvious the girl is just jumping from the bed herself, etc. I doubt these days with the availability of various types of cameras, recording devices and such like a hoax like that could be pulled off.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    He got them so wound up that when he suggested it was moving they all believed it.. then started adding their own embellishments. Fascinating really.
    POSTED 11 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Who is the ‘he’? Sorry is this referring to the Derren Brown thing?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well despite the Spoilers heads up..

Who did it then ? The Butler, with a pipe in the Drawing Room 😆

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Trim phones didnt ring ! they went PREEEP, PREEEP

enfht
    Free Member

And I think they used a punch button trim phone in the show, which wasn’t around until a few years later..

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘The Enfield Haunting’ is closed to new replies.