Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The end of the Simpsons?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Should they stay, or should they go?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15179431

xiphon
    Free Member

Silly money per episode! Something like 400K each?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Go, it’s more than run it’s course

donsimon
    Free Member

Go, it’s more than run it’s course

Or you’ve got older and changed?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I think it’s run it’s course 3 or 4 times over. Should have jacked it in a while back when the writing dried up.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

i’m amazed its lasted this long

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

d_s – no, i don’t think so, it’s the same stuff rehashed. In any situation, there’s a limited amount of material, then it starts getting recycled, and that’s the originality gone.

SaxonRider

The Simpsons are so-o-o-o-o-o in need of retirement, and have been since 2000.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Yep – it’s a sad shadow of it’s former self. I can’t really bare to watch the newer episodes

Series 3/4/5 was some of the greatest tv ever made though

donsimon
    Free Member

BBSB- I kind of agree with you, but in equal measure that there is a new generation coming through of new viewers and that some of the more topical storylines can seem dated whereas there is newer material to reflect modern times.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It got too zany when Family Guy came out and tried too hard copying it. Futurama was a million times better.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The newer ones are a return to form IMO – it was the episodes written around the time the film came out that dipped badly.

mudshark
    Free Member

An interesting situation; will the voice artists accept dramatic pay cuts or refuse and lose the lot? Can’t they just be replaced with cheaper voice actors? Perhaps they listen too much to Bob Crow?

Jamie
    Free Member

This is just brinkmanship from Fox.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Silly money per episode! Something like 400K each?

$200k IIRC, so a third, but lets not let the facts get in the way of a witchunt.

Compare that to ‘proper’ actors in other series? Hugh Laurie in House is on millions, Friends towards then end was $1million/episode, being a TV actor in America pays big money as the audiances are huge, and the potential to sell series abroad is big.

The Simpsons is still hugely popular, so they comand big salaries, however I guess the difference is FOX can sack them and employ anyone to do the voices, could probably find impressionists who could do the entire cast!

mudshark
    Free Member

Well $8m a series so how many episodes?

Cougar

I’m struggling to envision a situation where I’d rather lose my job than take a pay cut on a £5.6m salary.

“Sorry mate, I can only afford to pay you three million this year.”

“Balls to that, I’m off to stack shelves at Wal-Mart.”

bigyinn
    Free Member

It does seem to be rather well paid for doing voiceovers.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Scrap the series and do a farewell film and concentrate on Futurama 🙂

speaker2animals

It may not be what it once was (or we aren’t) but imho very few new sit come come along that measure up. Family Guy? I have watched but got bored, Frankie Boyle humour, get as near the knuckle as possible or even go further. Soon gets old for me. I’m sure we can all moan about the casts ridiculous salaries but how much have/do Fox actually make from the show? They aren’t so willing to publish those figures,are they?

BTW when I typed Boyle the predictive inserted Hitler! Now that’s comedy!

TheBrick
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member
    It got too zany when Family Guy came out and tried too hard copying it. Futurama was a million times better.

Different target audience, Simpson is family viewing Family guy is more of an adult cartoon.

The Simpsons still do some good episodes when they pick a good political point they want to make.

Duggan

Should have packed it in years ago. Old episodes are some of the best TV ever, the new ones are possibly the worst. Utterly shit.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

But then it acknowledges this on a regular basis, so it must be OK?

Northwind

Cougar – Member

I’m struggling to envision a situation where I’d rather lose my job than take a pay cut on a £5.6m salary.

Perhaps, after several years on a 5.6m salary you’d not be in too much of a rush to get a job in walmart to pay the bills.

masonmarxx
    Free Member

never really liked it 😕 to be honest, what would fill it though? an extra half an hour of hollyoaks or cr*p like that?

chvck
    Free Member

I only download all my TV. It’s on par with American Dad and Family Guy. I watch them because they fill time and aren’t unenjoyable, the odd one is good.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘The end of the Simpsons?’ is closed to new replies.