Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • The end of the double-dip recession?
  • rudebwoy
    Free Member

my point was that uk govt is at the behest of global capital, it has no say in the matter, like a dog with his dick, he just reacts…..which is what they are doing, tinkering with the controls of a stationary vehicle

gearfreak
    Free Member

I agree that there is a limited amount the govt can do, we are at the behest of global capital. They do have more power than controling a stationary vehicle though. They can control whereabouts in the vehicle we are, so as to best exploit it winning the race, or avoid too much fallout if it crashes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQVF9s01NYI[/video]
    Remember this joker…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jota180
    Free Member

Oh and lets not forget the simple matter of fixed exchange rates that condemn the PIGS to lower wages and/or higher unemployment.

The Germans need someone to lend money to, so they can then use it to buy German goods and services. When they can’t afford to pay it back, they can impose a government and fiscal policy on them.

something like that anyway 🙂

Remember this joker…..

Remember these 2 on Black Wednesday?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“my point was that uk govt is at the behest of global capital, it has no say in the matter”

As opposed to what exactly ?

How would a gov you’d like, do things differently?

binners

They can put in place a more malleable and compliant leader too. That’s how democracy works. They’ve just won a Nobel prize for it, and everyfink

Oh…. wait….hang on a minute….

kelvin

Does anyone expect anything other than very low growth for the next few years?
    As these things fluctuate, we’re bound to be in another “recession” at some point.

glupton1976
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkfIsht4sSc[/video]

Trekster

Could be joining those Southampton peeps soon
    Lack of PV panel sales on mainland Europe for one thing 🙄
    Sept figs are just the school clothes being bought for kids returning to school then another spike for Xmas followed by the Jan sales spike followed by doom and gloom again in Feb/March whilst everyone starts saving/paying for holidays
    Just my uneducated,ignorant, simplified take on it

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Well never fear, what with the rate at which unemployment and inflation are falling everything will all be hunky-dory by next week!we’ll all have five jobs and be earning LOADSAMONEY! And there’ll be no need to worry about the deficit, the balance of payments, or affording social security, or pensions, or public spending… Or maybe not. They know what is going to happen, They only expect us to be dumb enough to believe Their spin…

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

stever
    Free Member

It took the whole of history to build up the first trillion pounds of debt. The following 8 years to reach the second. 97% of money is electronic. I blame IT. http://www.neweconomics.org/publications/where-does-money-come-from

ohnohesback
    Free Member

That’s part of the problem. That we’ve had much of the next thirty years’ growth twenty years ago…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“I blame IT”

That would be great… all we’d have to do is turn it off and then….. back on again.

Torminalis
    Free Member

boom and bust is a cycle of capitalism

I beg to differ, boom and bust is a function of credit bubbles created by a fractional reserve banking system.

stever
    Free Member

Right can everyone just stop and logo off for a minute, we’re rebooting the economy.

mrmo
    Free Member

I agree that there is a limited amount the govt can do, we are at the behest of global capital. They do have more power than controling a stationary vehicle though. They can control whereabouts in the vehicle we are, so as to best exploit it winning the race, or avoid too much fallout if it crashes.

ALmost, Government can control where they are in the event of a crash, the rest of us, just cannon fodder and padding to ensure they survive.

Klunk
    Free Member

Rockape63
    Free Member

Is there a breakdown of figures? I suspect what this actually means is that technically, London is out of recession. And as we all know; the rest of us don’t actually exist

The rest of who? 😕

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘The end of the double-dip recession?’ is closed to new replies.