Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The end of an Era – WCA is healthy
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Another trip to the quack about the ankle today.

The grand unveiling :

The consultant says “That looks nice, it seems to move, off you go!”
    Me : “Physio?”
    Him : “Probably help but I notice your insurance won’t cover any more. I suggest you just do what they were doing before and see how it goes. Good luck, you have healed miraculously”

I am now officially happy.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That’s ace news, but I’m concerned that you will now do something silly with your new found freedom and injure something else!

binners

Good to hear some positive news fella. So… when are you planning your Everest attempt? 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I’m concerned that you will now do something silly with your new found freedom and injure something else!

Probably but hopefully not quite as long lasting. I did the ankle last September which seems an awful long time ago.

Mind you, that does mean I have managed 9 months without any new injuries 😉

wwaswas

you’ll be able to finish that roofing job now 😉

glupton1976
    Free Member

Good work. Range of movement and balance exercises will see you right.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Great news, Nick. Now you’ve no excuse not to be in peak physical condition for BBB.

fasthaggis

Well done WCA

you’ll be able to finish that roofing job now

Now go treat yourself 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I don’t need those fancy pants scaffold towers

fasthaggis

😀

iamroughrider
    Free Member

glad you’ve got it sorted.

molgrips
    Free Member

Now – get a contractor in. Please.

brakes
    Free Member

great news, what is your ultimate prognosis? are you expected to make a full recovery? or will there be limits on your mobility?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Time for a username change me thinks…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

are you expected to make a full recovery?

The short answer is no.

The longer answer involves discussing what is a full recovery for someone who hasn’t been uninjured in some way or another for the past 35-40 years…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Great news 🙂

benjbish

Time to rebuy the Bullit and resurrect that downhill career. Exciting times Nick!

Muke
    Free Member
    bearnecessities

I have no idea who you are, have never engaged in any debate with you, but I genuinely got the squiffs when thought you may lose some weight you’d rather keep a while back.

Congrats, and buy a ladder-mate.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My mate came off a motorbike 3 years ago, according to the consultant his legs were ‘smashed to bits’

He can just manage to get around now without crutches & can’t stand around for long.

He hopes to get back on the MTB though & will definately be back on the motorbikes.

Youv’e done well WCA.

Stu’s leg 4 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

RustyMac

No no not a ladder, that was what got him in this daft mess.

Good to hear it is more or less sorted WCA.

bearnecessities

No no not a ladder

Nooo, ladder-mate, may not be it’s technical term but something we used to affix to bottom rung of ladders which meant they effectively stood up by themselves and certainly wouldn’t slip-out!

RustyMac

a-ha just googled it.

mmannerr

Good news, I recall some discussion about WCA’s injuries late last year when I had my leg in a cast. 7,5 months after incident I can do most stuff I did before but strength and endurance are only about 60-70%, there also some aches more or less daily even on the healthy leg.
    And yet my accident was very minor one compared to WCA’s. I hope you have a speedy recovery, toes included.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like many on here have followed the trials and tribulations of WCA. At first I was gutted that someone could have lost the ability to enjoy MTBs, but no, not WCA. Next we see him trying out Trikes on DH runs.. So really we all had nothing to worry about did we.
    It’s been an inspiration to see the progress and I have to say it, positive attitude of WCA.

Best of luck Sir.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Well done WCA. The photo’s of your injury were frightening and your attitude to the possibility of losing your foot was amazing. Really pleased for you – just as the weather seems to be getting better too. Now off you trot and play nicely 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘The end of an Era – WCA is healthy’ is closed to new replies.