Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • The Emma Way punishment poll
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well, she’s up in court tomorrow to answer charges of driving without due care and attention and failing to stop after an accident.

If found guilty (yeah, yeah, innocent until proven and all that!), what do we think the punishment should be?

Public flogging?
    Driving Ban?
    Fine?
    Custodial?

I’m sure we can come up with something creative here, with or without the aid of bombers!

brooess
    Free Member

huge amount of publicity highlighting that drivers bullying cyclists is far too common, and it makes you look like an idiot in the eyes of your peers…

So huge public embarrassment will do me 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Forced to ride an apollo FS up Alp D’huez…forever Sissyfuss (don’t know how to spell it properly) style

plyphon
    Free Member

Thumbs chopped off so she can no longer tweet from her iphone

portlyone

Made to ride LEJOGLE on a tesco special with no sleep until she finishes.

jameso

huge amount of publicity highlighting that drivers bullying cyclists is far too common, and it makes you look like an idiot in the eyes of your peers…

Is it unrealistic to hope this thread will end here, on a sensible note?

spawnofyorkshire

Is it unrealistic to hope this thread will end here, on a sensible note?

Yes

pingu66
    Free Member

Stocks or public hanging for for being so dim to have actually tweeted about committing the alleged offences in the first place and, as far as I know, having shown little or no remorse.

fasthaggis

Cycling Proficiency Training with some school children ,then a test out on the road.
    All filmed and posted on the interweb .

She would get a lot out of it.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Permanent catheter routed to soles of feet.

She’d have to wee in her own shoes forever

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Publicly spanked within an inch of her life with a pair of used Five Tens, filmed on a mobile then posted on Twitter and Facebook.
    . 😀

Sandwich

for being so dim to have actually tweeted

Sterilisation as we don’t need the gene pool further polluting.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Be careful folks, the jury will probably be reading this

soma_rich
    Free Member

Well they shouldn’t be!

spawnofyorkshire

Will the judge deliver his sentence using these?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Glad to see you’re paying attention!

crikey
    Free Member

A day at a velodrome, a day at a trail centre, a ride around the streets at night, a ride into the hills at weekend.

Take the moral high ground, show her why people ride bikes, help her to see that ‘cyclists’ are people just like her.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Unlikely – Magistrates court. Although they could send her before the beak and jury

Northwind

Shooting. Not to death, just a wounding.

njee20
    Free Member

I have no useful contribution to make

Edit: heh, just typed I-B-T-L, and you get that! Fun fact.

Bunnyhop

A fine and ban.
    Made to cycle while banned and taken on an awareness course.

Then she’ll have to come on a few night rides in the Peak District with us girlies on a very uncomfortable saddle.

I’m fed up now with the attitude of (mainly female) young drivers to cyclists on the road.

richmtb

Made to cycle would be great, but its never going to happen

A ban seems appropriate and proportional though

Its Sisyphus BTW

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d vote she ride along Old St through Clerkenwell into Holborn and through Covent Garden at or in rush hour on a BorisBike wearing a pink tutu and shiny red slippers, a white leotard and blue scarf carrying a Harrods bag and with earphones in playing 99 Red Balloons, loud.

CCTV will catch it all and should post it on farcebook.

😉

cr500dom
    Free Member

Pending the outcome of the court appearance, I think there was a move from within the club to invite Ms Way out on a ride, beneficial all round really.
    Helps to highlight the issues too in a non “Burn her” 🙄 way

She was very silly, thus far she has shown only remorse for getting caught. Engaging with the cycling community can only be a good thing for her rebuilding her reputation…… you never know, she may even enjoy it

gwaelod
    Free Member

force her to derive the equations from 1st principles that demonstrate 650b wheels roll faster than 26’ers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

thus far she has shown only remorse for getting caught

She should have cared about what she did not that she has been caught
    I agree she really does regret being caught to the point she thinks she is the victim

hatter

She’s not evil, didn’t hit the guy deliberately and the damage wasn’t severe, much as her ignorance, arrogance, false regret and borderline psychotic lack of human empathy practically made steam come out of my ears at the time jailing the silly bint isn’t going to do anyone any good.

However, she has demonstrated in a pretty categorical manner that she should not be trusted behind the wheel of a few tons of rapidly moving steel on a public highway.

So, a reasonably hefty fine, damages to the poor chap who she hit and a minimum 5 year driving ban should be a proportionate way to do it.

pingu66
    Free Member

‘cyclists’ are people just like her

Um no they aren’t I would think another cyclist would stop and see if the cyclist the ran off the road was ok and then not tweet about it afterwards.

She is a low life and all is she probably thinks is “shit I got caught” rather than “Hmm cyclists are people too, just like me, and most probably do pay VED (car tax) so I was wrong and in a moment of madness”

unklehomered
    Free Member

Be placed in a small room with the week old wet riding gear I just found under the passenger seat. think I just found a new method for manufacturing ammonia.

mrmo
    Free Member

she will walk, no punishment.

ThePinkster

She should be made to go for a decent club ride once a week for the next 2 years with a bunch of really nice & friendly cyclists so she can see what lovely people we all are and appreciate just how much like real people we are. 😀

EDIT: Sorry, I think the meds have just started working.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Strathpuffer.

Solo.

On a unicyle.

Naked.

steviecapt
    Free Member

made to have a tatoo of a bike on her forid, n underneath, they dont pay road tax, stupid bitch. definately should be sterilised, no point in breeding more of these morons for the future, we have enough as it is.

cakefacesmallblock

Seize her car and stick it on a giant spike outside the Olympic Velodrome.

yunki
    Free Member

fist pie

dannyh
    Free Member

Made to walk around the Manchester velodrome at the next televised event there wearing a sandwich board stating name and offence.

Then 12 hours or so in stocks outside the stadium.

poly
    Free Member

Before anyone gets too wound up at the courts / magistrates tomorrow:

(1) She would only be sentenced tomorrow if she pleads guilty. If she pleads not guilty, trial dates will be set but the case will not conclude tomorrow.

(2) Assuming a guilty verdict: The penalties open to the court are: fine + points or fine + disqualification. Due care and attention caries 3-9 points. Failing to stop carries 5-10. Points are only added for one offence (the failing to stop is most likely in this case). There is no upper limit to disqualification but long bans are unusual for first offenders. If she pleads guilty, sentences are discounted to reflect the utilitarian value of not having a trial – otherwise everyone would go to trial on the hope the prosecutor cocks up.

(3) These laws are set by parliament and just implemented by the court.

nick1962
    Free Member

Make her look at photos of the crash scene of the next ten cyclists killed on the roads then meet their loved ones and attend their funerals.

epicyclo

mrlebowski – Member
    Strathpuffer.
    Solo.
    On a unicyle.
    Naked.

Mate, I’ll take her round on a tandem – so long as I don’t need to be naked too… 🙂

boriselbrus
    Free Member

First offence?

Probably get away with Crucifixion…

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘The Emma Way punishment poll’ is closed to new replies.